If I didn’t pour today, it would be several days until I’d have time to do it, so I slammed a beer and started mixing concrete. This is what I started out with: The BuddyRhodes system is two bags of countertop concrete to one can of dye, so I mixed one bag into two five gallon buckets and poured about one quarter of the dye into each. On the first batch, I put water into the bucket first because it says it’ll keep the dust down. Don’t do it! It’ll star...
I have an update on the bench. The top is completed and I’m nearing the home stretch. I’m already starting to come up with ideas for special uses/jigs for the inserts in the well… I measured and drilled the holes for the end supports of the well and then threaded my pipe stock and checked for level. I also cut the blocks that are moved when you need to adjust the lateral clamps and positioned them above each leg and the center support. I laid in the MDF panels to make sur...
I finally got some shop time this weekend and had a chance to complete my leg vise. After my last building session, I had left it basically functional, but lacking a couple bells and whistles to make it really nice. The first addition was a guide wheel on the underside of the parallel guide. I bought another plastic wheel from Woodcraft and mounted it below the guide. It looks like it could become an ankle biter, but I haven’t run into any problems yet. It’s only pock...
יום ירושלים First off, thanks to everyone for their encouragement. I really do appreciate it. Note to self: If you think something nice whilst reading someone else’s stuff, tell them—you never know what your comments can generate. I looked at the wood and thought—what the hell? How badly can i f this up (probably more than i can guess, so i am thankful for that blind-spot)? Let’s look at the wood, and forget about getting the bloody things objectively flat; how a...
Last week I finished drilling many holes for the sides of the well. These included the holes for the clamping bars as well as the pilot holes and countersinks for the confirmat screws. This took a bit of time because of all the measuring and trial and error positioning to ensure I didn’t make any major mistakes since the FWW plans were subject to interpretation and my sketchup plans (last entry) were a little inaccurate regarding the size of the clamping bars. It paid off though. For ...
This is a project I started back in September. I would pick at it from time to time in between other projects, and honey-do lists. My garage is 12’ x 20’, so I need to really think about where things go to make everything fit. I really needed a table for my planer and table top router. So, when I saw this project on the Wood website, I had to make it. This rolling cabinet also serves as my out-feed table for my table saw. Rarely do I ever follow plans exactly, and this is no ex...
You can’t appreciate this toy unless you see it in action. I hope the link works. It’s my first ever youtube video and the first video ever shot on my iphone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JclY0Ho9dC8&feature=youtu.be I started tinkering and playing with this idea a couple of years ago and just decided to take it back off the shelf. The kids might not want to put their video games down long enough to try and master this simple toy but I would set the age range from 6 ...
Being as it’s Labor Day Weekend, and I’m out of QSWO, and my lumber yard isn’t open until Tuesday, I turned from my other projects and worked with what I had, a butt-load of mahogany. My buddy was over talking boat stuff, so I asked him to give me a hand with the behemoth boards. We laid out both 3/4” x 18” x 10’ boards on the sawhorses and looked at the magnificent, flowing grain patterns. We picked out the nicest 4’ section and he helped me rough...
I started cleaning up the top to the table saw today. I saw this website where he was working on the same saw as I am so I decided to take his methods. I started with 320 grit wet/dry sand paper then to 400-600-800-2000. I think it turned out alright. Also here is a photo of the belts. So yeah I’m sure I need to replace them.
Providere, a Work In Process Well I finished roughing out a shape of the last of four legs last night with the drawknife, and I thought I would post a picture of where the ‘in the process’ of Providere now stands. 1) Cherry backsplash, needs to enter into it’s hand sanding phase, starting with #120 grit….and ending with some slurpies…. 2) Table top, needs to be worked some more on sides with a timber slick to get a better trueness…. 3) End board...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 419 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries