LumberJocks

Woodworking blog entries tagged with 'toolbox'

  • Advertise with us
View ShaunMeighan's profile

Weathering my NASA toolbox!

07-24-2016 05:42 PM by ShaunMeighan | 0 comments »

View on YouTube Well, here is the next part in my series of making a NASA toolbox! In this episode, I weather the box to make it look more used! Hope you enjoy!

Read this entry »


View ShaunMeighan's profile

NASA Inspired Toolbox!

07-14-2016 08:10 PM by ShaunMeighan | 0 comments »

Hey all, just wanted to share with you my NASA inspired toolbox! I’ve weathered it (separate post coming on that) and am really happy with how it turned out! View on YouTube

Read this entry »


View Marty Backe's profile

Show and Tell #7: Toolbox for my Drill Press

07-10-2015 07:53 AM by Marty Backe | 0 comments »

In this video I show how I store the tools that came with my drill press, such that I’ll never loose track of them

Read this entry »


View TrBlu's profile

Tool Picking #17: This Craftsman Followed Me Home

06-07-2015 01:14 AM by TrBlu | 7 comments »

We took advantage of a beautiful day to take a family outing and hit up a couple estate sales in our area. I found this vintage Craftsman 10-drawer tool chest in an out building. Emptied the tools and household repair parts out. Found the key in the top section. And loaded this beaut into the trunk of my car. Even empty this thing is heavy. Decided to start cleaning. The original owner used Naugahyde for drawer liners and most were still in the drawers. The worst part about the ...

Read this entry »


View ruddhess's profile

Japanese Carpentry Tool Box 第 #5: The Top - Handles, End Caps, & Lid w/Battens

04-25-2015 04:28 PM by ruddhess | 7 comments »

Handles attached. Fitting battens for the lid. The lid with battens attached with drywall screws. The lid has been glued and screwed and is resting on the end caps. This one is all done except for the diagonal batten. Diagonal batten fitting well. Top all finished!

Read this entry »


View ruddhess's profile

Japanese Carpentry Tool Box 第 #4: Bottom Glue-up & Assembly

04-24-2015 03:43 AM by ruddhess | 0 comments »

Got some more work done on my second box. Bottom piece glued-up and trimmed and attached with #8 X 2” drywall screws. Inside the box with bottom attached.

Read this entry »


View ruddhess's profile

Japanese Carpentry Tool Box 第 #3: Glue Up - Sides

04-22-2015 04:29 AM by ruddhess | 2 comments »

Finished cutting the mortises and everything fit pretty well. Just had to run the rasp over a couple of the joints to level everything first. Then got the sides all glued up. Diagonal measurements are the same – square overall. This one is coming out better than the first one (so far). Just more pictures of each of the square mortise/tenons.

Read this entry »


View ruddhess's profile

Japanese Carpentry Tool Box 第 #2: Cutting Mortises & Fitting Up

04-22-2015 02:19 AM by ruddhess | 0 comments »

Marking out the mortises – shallow chisel cuts on outside edges and nail punch the center so forstner bit will center correctly. 3/4” Forstner bit works well. Chopping the corners out with a 3/4” chisel. Works well. Close-up of one mortise at the beginning cuts. Initial fit for the first set of mortises. Pictures of the mortise/tenon fit. Much better (less gaps) than the first box I made recently. Inside corner. Outside corner. One...

Read this entry »


View ruddhess's profile

Japanese Carpentry Tool Box 第 #1: Number 2 - second toolbox.

04-19-2015 09:09 PM by ruddhess | 0 comments »

I enjoyed making the first one so much, here goes number 2. I decided to leave the drywall screws in the batten boards on the top of the first box. I like the way they look, and I like the way they grip/hold stuff down. I’ve been using drywall screws to put stuff together for since forever. I think they look fine. Kind of utilitarian. That fits my style well. So I am going to use 1-1/4” DW screws for the flat joins and 2-1/2” DW screws for the perpendicular joins (bugle head...

Read this entry »


View ruddhess's profile

Japanese Tool Box #7: Filling In Some Cracks - Oops!

04-17-2015 02:17 AM by ruddhess | 5 comments »

First off, I should have used epoxy. Secondly, my experiment with coloring yellow glue went awry. Well, somewhat anyway. I found a way to make a nice dark brown color (could be used successfully on some dark walnut). I just got into the cupboard and found some cheap food coloring like they sell to color easter eggs. I added a bunch of red first, and that came out sort of magenta looking, so I added a little bit of each of the other colors: yellow, green, blue. Mixed it with regular Elmer̵...

Read this entry »


1 2 3 4 5 next »
41 entries


DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com