Inspired by this video series on refurbishing a Craftsman Table saw, I found and purchased one. Nelson Studios saw refurb Here it is as I was disassembling it on my pickup. The saw disassembled, so I could move it and start cleaning it up. Next up I will clean, paint and polish the wings. I plan to mask the top surface while I paint the bottom with Rustoleum hammered gray spray paint. Then I will clean the top surface and apply Boeshield T-9 and finish with paste wax.
I built this extended jaws fixture for holding bowls while finishing their bottoms a few months back. It has worked well for me when I had only eight of the tapered holding buttons. The problem was removing the extended jaws and the holding buttons and then screwing the buttons into the proper holes to use the jig with 8” and smaller bowls. To combat this time consuming configuration change picked up more buttons and 6mm mounting screws at Lowes. I can now leave the outer row of but...
When I built the router table as an extension of my table saw I had in mind using it as more than a router station. For starters it allows me to make wider rips on my table saw, but it does a few more things and I’m not done yet. [Above and below] Like others of its brethren, my router station can be used with or without the fence. I have a vacuum port set in the fence as well as one for the cabinet depending on which one I think will work best. [Below] The router is mount...
My pastor had this miter box in his garage. His father owned it originally. Since he has never used it, he offered it to me. Having had one of these on my mind for some time I immediately accepted sight unseen. (Well, truthfully, I knew where it was and sort of what condition the saw was in, but I did not know any of the particulars.) Today I was at the parsonage putting handles on the kitchen cabinets and I was able to take the saw home with me. All these pictures show th...
One of my other hobbies is local railroad history. During the research for my book I was given access to thousands of images from glass plate negatives. Most of these photos were taken for a reason other than inventory of the railroad, usually because of a mishap. Once in a while I have to go back and refer to them. I saw these two and thought others might appreciate seeing an old tool. Railroads typically had workshops for maintenance of equipment, buildings, etc. I don’t know wh...
I am not exactly sure how I pulled this off in 8 days but I have finished up the build portion of the chest and tomorrow will be putting some finish on it. With the speed of the build I didn’t get as many pics as I had hoped but here is a series that picks up where the last entry left off to present. I hope to have this up in the projects section tomorrow sometime :D The lid ended up slightly smaller than the case (I measured once and cut twice so ...
Okay, so I couldn’t leave it alone. Sue me. It all started when I brought down to the dungeon the multi-purpose base I originally made for the router table, then added mounts to for the Delta 36-510 table saw I bought used earlier this year. I decided with a little bit of room to move around down there I would once again see if the arbor bearing was really as bad I as had thought before. For testing I mounted a spare Skilsaw 10” 28T combination blade. I made no adjustments to t...
Here’s a tablesaw that is listed for sale on University of Wisconsin surplus. Does anyone have any thoughts about how old? Or do you think it might be someone’s homemade tool? We thought it looked rather interesting, but unsafe.
A couple of days ago I started on a wall-mounted lumber rack in the dungeon. At that time I had barely enough room to get around the Black and Decker Power Mate and various stuff laying around, including the destructed pallet wood I had in various piles on the floor. Here is what my workspace looked like while I was constructing the rack: Because of the limited space, I didn’t want to use the miter saw in this project. This past summer I bought a Stanley FatMa...
A couple of weeks ago I ordered a 2-1/2” universal port that I had hoped to use on the backside of the Delta 36-510 Bench Saw. With that beast being parked indefinitely due to a bad armature bearing, I can now use it for it’s original intent: a dust collection port for the yet-to-be-finished base for the Skilsaw 3410-02 that I started over a month ago. Along with the port I ordered a 10’ length of wire reinforced 2-1/2” dust collection hose. The hose was suppose to be ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 419 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries