Tool tote travela learning travel in tools and techniques. Yes some of you will say: ‘come on Mad(s), we heard about this, and you will never get done with those dovetails’.And I have to admit: ‘I have been a chicken when it comes to dovetails’. The project:The project is a tool tote or tool box (many opinions on the name), a mix of some wonderful pine wood boards from an old closet, and a branch from the forest! Here the design I did, a simple but ‘hopefully’ long, slim and elegant too...
Tool tote travel 3finger joints on a template / jig This is third part of the tool tote travel. Now I have cut dovetails by hand, so it’s time to play with machines again…This time some finger joints, since it’s a learning experience. I bought some years ago a router template for finger joints, and half blind dovetails.I paid 100$ on a sale and never opened the box… So now it was time! I found a 10 mm router bit as the set needed, and made a test cut on some plywood… O...
Japanese tool trayfor the new toolbox To complete the setup for working with Japanese tools I wanted a little tool tray that I could use to hold and carry tools while working, especially to keep the chisels off the ground. I decided it should be made so it could be stored and transported in the toolbox when not in use, that it should be made with the same joinery as the drawer and again no hardware.For the beauty and the joy of the eye I wanted a handle made of a branch like I have on m...
Tool tote travel – teasera learning travel in tools and techniques Ok, I have talked about this before in the my first dovetails blog…The project is a tool tote, a mix of pine, and a branch from the forest! The challenge for me are to make all the processes, with both power (modern), and hand tools (old), to compare the difference, and to get on a travel in learning, both for my limits, and for what I can do that I thought was not possible.Here comes a few photos of the ...
Tool tote travelglue up and details This is second part of the tool tote travel. Time for glue up.Table covered, water, PU glue, brush and gloves. Applying water on the joints, so the glue will work, and expand as wanted.Then the glue, and the rest is a just a puzzle, where you don’t want to use your camera, since you forgot to wear the gloves, and had glue all over… So here we are with clean fingers, and a clamped up tool tote.It’s important that you have remembered t...
Well friends the day has finally arrived….where I am going to have a decent spot to either carry or hold my stanely chisels….lol. I have had these chisels on one table or another realizing that they needed a proper home in the shop. I thought since I was putting together this traveling tool tote of carpentry instruments….chisels would be well in order for many a task…....so I took a creative chance on making a space for them! Along with that I thought why not a hand...
Well I guess through learning and creating, sawing and shaving there were a few more hours to conjureup some additional ideas with my chisel box. Ahhh yes…a lid for the top perhaps??.....this would be a total ad lib affair with little more than just letting the inner kid out to explore and experiment. Every now and then that is such a vital important exercise to have in our woodwork…..be free of worries…the crayons going out of the lines are no artistic sin, only stressfu...
Well, I finally did it! It is Finished!Only five years late! Better late than never! Assembly Instructions I sure hope he likes it & cares for it… I hope y’all enjoy it… I really the Roy Underhill Tool Tote.
Finally figured out how to get the Blackened Epoxy applied without messing up surrounding wood. I applied shellac very carefully around all of the Text letters and taped it off. ————————————————————————————————— ——————————...
Better late than Never… OK, it’s time for the Finishing part! Finally!! 1. I gave ALL Parts a few coats of BLO (Boiled Linseed Oil as from Home D). This took a little time because I had to wait 2-4 days after each coat to be sure it cured good before putting another coat on them. 2. I wanted to give just the Bottom piece, on the Lettering side, more protection because it would be taking most of the abuse. I have applied several coats of Polyurethane Semi Gloss only...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1063 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 85 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Just for Fun... - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 64 parts
- 52 Weeks - 52 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1085 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 384 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- dbhost - 318 entries
- Martin Sojka - 294 entries
- Karson - 289 entries
- MsDebbieP - 285 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- William - 215 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Stevinmarin - 201 entries
- mafe - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 183 entries
- Rustic - 182 entries
- PurpLev - 159 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 148 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries