Throwin’ My Hat in the Ring… Hey everybody, I just entered the DIY Network Studfinder contest. I hope that everyone will check out my video, give me a vote and post a comment. I will need all that I can get! I have seen some of the personalities that submitted and I was motivated to throw my hat in the ring on this one. It can’t hurt! Just think – I could be saying “Share the Love~Share the Knowledge” on the DIY Network! The video is bare-bon...
It’s Finally Here! I have completed my first feature woodworking video. This video shows how I sharpen my card scrapers. It is a simple process and I kept the instruction simple with some close-up video action. I hope this post goes smooth, it has taken me all day to figure out how to finish up the video and 3 attempts to get it online. So this is a pretty big moment. I can work on polished video later but I have to start somewhere. I hope that this video on sharpening ca...
The buzz about scrapers… Lately, talk of the cabinet scraper and the frustration that this little tool inflicts on a character has created some buzz in the LJ community. This simple, inexpensive, and very effective tool also frustrates me, but for a different reason. I see many people missing out on the joy of using this tool because they are fed too much information that clouds the simple truth. On the other hand… On one hand I appreciate the histories and detailed accou...
Montana I have been playing around with my MacBook slideshow program today. There are a couple of ways to create slideshows and I figured out the simple method first. I will move forward to using the more complicated program later. This is all leading up to me using the many still shots I have of my projects and using voice-over narration to share the construction details. For now I have assembled a slideshow of the beautiful area that I live. If images from the movie “A River ...
It Ain’t Always Easy… I have been pretty anxious to get out more video, especially after all the effort I have invested in the infrastructure for creating better videos. Well things did not go smooth for this video. I started out by setting a record for the number of takes to get a clean 1st scene. I don’t know why my mind really kept dropping off. (I have a lot of crap rattling around up there.) The next thing to happen was that after I got rolling on the video rec...
Sorry for the False Start Guys… I had the privacy setting turned on when I posted to YouTube. (D’oh!) It’s Finally Here! Whew! It takes a lot of work to shoot a video, edit, and get it posted to the internet. I am still struggling with posting to the internet. My HD file sizes are too big to be accepted by BlipTv and YouTube, and once I get the size down to an acceptable limit, they lose quite a bit of quality. This is a bit frustrating and makes me sad to see al...
Many woodworkers lack confidence in their glue joints. The way to overcome this is by getting to know your products and materials. This is accomplished by experimenting and testing – particularly through destructive testing. I continually test my off-cuts from every project. This provides a form of quality control testing that is specific to each project. In this video I show a couple of the methods that I use to test my glue joints. Testing your joints to the point of wood fa...
Grandkids And The Studio Furniture Movement The space-time continuum changes when you add the grandkids factor to the intended work progress equation, but that is OK. Rita and I had a couple of the grandsons for the weekend and they spent some time in the shop with me. I went out to the shop Saturday morning with the 2 boys in tow (ages 3 and 4) and thought that I would finish my organizational efforts in just a few hours – silly me. It took me all morning just to install the ceil...
First Snow! Yesterday we woke up to the first snow of the season. We ended up officially receiving 4.6” but it has mostly melted off by this morning. Rita’s garden is looking pretty sad. You may be wondering, and the answer is “yes.” That is a genuine outhouse but the pit has been filled and it is used as a small gardening tool shed. Putting new shakes on the roof is on my honey-do list. On to the shop… I started working yesterday and I got on...
Forgive My Insensitivity… A public Thank You is in order before I go any further. I had some great support from two individuals that are a part of LumberJocks. I relied heavily on Dave Pruett for “on call” support to figure out how to edit / process / and post my video. I need to thank Marc Spagnuolo as well. I did not continually call him like Dave, but his advice and pointers were taken to heart and helped me out as well. As with my woodworking, my achievement...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1782 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Toy costruction - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1807 entries
- dbhost - 432 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 307 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 236 entries
- Dave Rutan - 228 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries