View on YouTube Few time I decided it was time to improve my sharpening gadgets, so after some research I found this design of a sink a bridge. its basically two board, one on top of each other merged with a screw that also serves as lock to put the stones. In the end I gave it a nice coat of epoxy to make it waterproof. Now I have a tool that makes my life easier and that its gonna last. Hope you like this video. And if you want you can also find more projects and builds in my channel h...
Hi All- We have just bought a farm house that comes with a barn. We would like to replace flooring throughout the house and the barn that comes with the property is old, but in good condition. It has a 2nd story loft floor that I think would make perfect floors. They are 6”x 3/4” tongue and groove pine planks. Any advice on the process of using this as flooring for our house? I assume they will need planed down. I want to keep as much character as possible, but also want floors that are fl...
If you prefer not to read, the video is here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegPxohhUqY The handle for this beast was something that took a long time. I don’t have a lathe so carving the handle via axe, knife, and spokeshave was the only option I had. The handle design was inspired from the handles I had seen on framing slicks. The overall length of this now with the handle is 34” I haven’t weighed it but I suspect it’s in the neighborhood of 4-5 pounds. Ash wa...
I’ve seen a few things telling of how to clean out the teeth of a file. One old-timey way, the source of which I cannot find was to hammer the end of a large nail flat and run that over the file groove-wise. The teeth of the file will cut the nail into a sort of rake which will force out any aluminum or other soft metal bits, even sawdust! This video says pretty much the same thing: View on YouTube So I don’t yet own a file card brush, but I had a few old keys to a pad...
I’m a big fan of the Rigid Modular Tool box series. I use these tool boxes mainly to organize my Ryobi ONE+ tools into grab and go kits for projects around the town. I’ve a few other Battery tools hung for easier access, such as drills. But most of my woodshop are either hand tools or power tools, so portability for out of shop work trumped in-shop convenience. The a couple of weeks ago I had gotten some kaizen foam to organize my shop(s) better. First off was my measur...
Every once in a while I come up with a little tip or trick. This one is on habits we form over the years. I am guilty of doing some things because that is the way I have always done it. A poor excuse and when I become aware of it I try to take a closer look at some of those habits. View on YouTube
Wood has three dimensions and the table saw cuts both X (length) and Y (width) The Z (thickness) axis needs a lunch box planer. The table saw has the Incra rip fence and miter gauge so X and Y are covered. Z however needed some help getting the same accuracy as the saw. One of the benifits of digital gauges is that I can see the reading without squinting or having to bend down. I have a digital height gauge to set the saw height and set the router bits consistently. Repeatability is...
Used to have a shop, X got in the divorce. :( Fast forward 15 years & I have 2/3 of 1/2 of a garage to build a cabinet shop in. The core of any shop is the table saw and within my (retired) spending limit I got a brand new Grizzly G0715P. Simultaneously with the saw purchase I added an Incra LS-III rip fence and an Incra miter gauge. I’m disabled and can’t walk / stand a lot so everything is within reach of my chair in front of the saw. I’ve got most all of th...
Hey everybody! My name is frank and I am a hobby craftsman from germany. I already talked about the build of my DIY table saw in my blog. In my youtube channel you can find the video for this build. If you are interested, just click here!But as I completed my table saw, I soon realized that I have to work on the dust extraction. After a lot of setbacks I figured out a very effective solution. The main problem was still being able to reach the saw (for the settings). So I made four removabl...
Going farther than I needed to, but I was experimenting and wanted to show the process. One of my favourite finishes. I think the wax in the shellac caused a few issues. I have only used dewaxed flake shellac before but it is not available locally, so I tried what I could get my hands on. View on YouTube
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1823 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Shop stuff - 80 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1848 entries
- dbhost - 449 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 324 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 272 entries
- William - 258 entries
- robscastle - 256 entries
- shipwright - 255 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 226 entries
- bandit571 - 224 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries