OK, so now that the kitchen challenge is all over, I guess it’s a good time to post a blog regarding kitchen items … or… hold on… um – oops. too late. Oh well, I guess I’ll blog this anyways. So, the plan is to make a bread board. for the time being, the design shall remain unseen and will reveal in details as this blog series will progress. The board is primarily made of hard maple that I am recovering from bowling alley floors (I still have about ha...
Once I have the 3 lamination blanks cut to width I thickness sand the strips to reach the final dimension. I have tried using my planer, but when the strips get this thin it is easy to end up with damage. I set my ShopSmith up as a disc sander and use a thicknessing jig. I first showed the use of this in a previous blog. There was some interest in a more detailed description so here it is. Here is the setup. Basically it is a 3 1/2 inch tall bullnosed block clamped to the fence. The...
Anybody have any experiences with Grizzly’s G0458 18” 1-1/2 HP Single-Phase Open End Drum Sander? I’m looking to buy a thickness sander and am unsure of which to get. These are on special now for about $850.
My grade school arithmetic left me with some rather incomplete lessons in the basics. I learned yesterday that 8 / 4 is not equal to 2 in the real world. I took my rough-dimensioned ash over to a friends shop yesterday to get some time on his 8” jointer and planer. As we began to surface the slightly more than 8/4 boards, it quickly became apparent that I was not going to get the thickness on these boards that I had hoped. A small amount of bow and twist on a board nearly 4’...
I have been saving my pennies for a thickness sander. I really need one for surfacing small stock for boxes. There seems to be only two (and a half) models in my price range: Grizzly G0459 12” and the Performax 628900 Mini 10-Inch (which as far as I can tell is identical to the Jet 10-20 Plus?) Grizzly G0459 12”: $495.00 on Amazon plus shipping, only one review (5 star). Performax 628900 Mini 10-Inch: $499.99 on Amazon with free shipping, reviews state tracking problems. ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1582 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1607 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries