I am making preparations to build some kitchen cabinets, and hopefully, another cabinet or two for the shop. I needed more width so I can cut pieces for the cabinet bases 32 inches or wider. So, after reading Knotscott's instructions, I decided to modify my fence also which would result in the ability to rip up to 36 inches. This is going to work out great. Steps involved were: Relocate front fence tube to the right. Fabricate an extension for the rear fence Fabricate a wing to fi...
(This is my first attempt on a blog entry. English is my 2. language so bear over with me on spelling errors, funny language and all that.) This is a blog describing how i made this projeckt For a long time i´ve had this idea of making a rack for my cook books in the kitchen. They are just collecting dust on the shelf and not really getting the attension they deserve. Now i do see a lot of people using “plate racks” (dont know the word in english and google translate sugg...
This is the first entry in this series, but I’m already halfway into the White Oak version of my Rockler Adirondack chair. I’m also building a Western Red Cedar version, but haven’t started dimensioning the boards yet. I’m starting the blog at this point in the project, because 1. I wasn’t a member of LJ before starting the project and 2. I need to get my thoughts down about what I’ve learned so far, because this is really my first TRUE hardwood project...
The new sled is almost done and I am much happier with it. As you can see it’s a basic sled. No Schmancy bits but it runs better in the table, has a DIY T-Track and a blade box so, it’s a upgrade. The back fence is 2 pieces of 1×6 laminated together with glue and screws. I cut a slot in this 5/8” wide and 1/4” deep then laminated a piece of cheap 14” ply over it and cut a 1/4” slot in that to make the t-track. It’s a bit crooked at one ...
Ok Here goes. I have put this off for about two weeks. It has taken me about 9 hours to get it to this point. People thinks that the woodburning they done in high schools is same as what I do. After selecting the picture there is hours pending trying to get the picture just right to transfer everything over to the piece of wood. after you put it on the wood I spend a lot of time going over and over to get the right depth. so with out further ado I give you the DAGON FLY. (OK I AM GOING...
Howdy! The build is done so I figure I have 8 days of sanding and finishing left to do. The dark wood running down the legs and across the stretchers is African Mahogany. I’ll start building the final table of the set some time this week! Yee Ha…...
I got back on the Unisaw rehab today. It was pretty hot in the shop, so I had to keep a towel handy to keep sweat off the cast iron. Weather guy tells me that the high temperature today was around 94F with humidity in the 80% area. Not a real surprise for south Louisiana in September though. I realized that I had not painted the edges of the cast iron top, so I removed them (with my wife’s help) and set the assembled top on my workbench. I flipped it over and removed the wings. ...
Some lessons are learned the hard way. I bought a warped piece of Sapelle. I mean really warped. I thought that the little tiny pieces I needed would not be affected by a warped piece. Good lord was I ever wrong! Here’s the sorrier news. I didn’t ask the store for a price break. I just said with a real confident aire “No problem at all! It will work just fine!” Every single gap in the top of the table was due to the fact that I could not make precise cuts to the sev...
Doing a commission for a local architect with whom I’ve worked before. Furniture grade cabinetry or cabinet grade furniture, call it what you will, this is what I’m building. Her borrowed design, tweeked by me. Thought I’ld try to keep track and post photos for other woodworkers. Should be an easy build. The bridle joint at the top of the legs should be fun. This cabinets could easily be adjusted to fit in any bath. Fortunately she is wanting a light colored ...
I had a cut-off sled, but I wasn’t happy with it. it didn’t slide well at all, I wanted a taller rear fence, and I wanted to try to make some t-track to go on it. so, today, I took apart my old one and started planning the new sled. I was able to remove the old runners without breaking them, which is good, and also without ripping apart the decent plywood that was the base, also good. I was able to determine that the left side of the sled was where the poor sliding problem was a...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1190 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1212 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 300 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 293 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries