Was able to finish the bottom drawer on the router table end of the workstation. I also decided to splurge (yeah, right) and bought some wood knobs for the drawers. The metal pull on the big drawer is clearance from Lowe’s. I found about a dozen like this for 82 cents each. Couldn’t pass that up. They were cheaper than the wood knobs at 87 cents lol. Also I think they’ll be better for the larger drawers that’ll have more weight in them. Once I had all of thi...
I have finally started on the marimba. I am following the plans I got from makeamarimba.com. They are a good plans although some times you have to translate from oz to usa english. I did a lot of searching on line on commercial marimbas and settled on padauk for the keyboard and cherry for the frame. The preferred wood for concert keyboards is rosewood. I called my hardwood supplier to get a price on rosewood when I was able to breath again I decided padauk was a good keyboard wood (most...
This is my first post or utterance on this site, so bear with me while I get in the swing of things… I’ve always wanted to get into woodworking so I can build useful and practical things with my own hands. Within the last few months I’ve come into a host of woodworking tools and machinery, most of which were simply given to me once I expressed interest. These items include: a Delta spindle sander, old craftsman dual disc/belt sander, a vintage Buffalo Tool drill press, a ...
When I started this project one thing I thought as I went through the blogs of others was, how can it take so long? Here I am months after starting and boy do I get it now. Between family obligations, vacation, getting sick, weather, and only getting so many hours over a weekend that can be devoted to it I really understand now. At any rate, the last two weekends I’ve managed to get in a little more time working on this. Unfortunately I got a late start on Saturday, if I’d had ...
Well, a coffee table needs legs right? In this one I make up the slabs for the legs of the coffee table. Lots of cutting and milling and work with the hand plane. In the end I have 2 nice blanks to be used for the legs of the table. I experimented with a new intro and outro and getting some different angles on some shots. I also kept it under 20 minutes. Makes more episodes I suppose. View on YouTube
After lots of editing and cutting and experimenting with my editing software, I finally got part 2 done. Here I am getting the top roughed out some more and slowly bringing it into what I want. Hours and hours of work over several days. It does not seem like it when you watch a video. I have to point out that my power tools are not particularly quiet, I pull the volume back on those sections. I watch a lot of You Tube videos, and edit mine, using headphones, and getting your ears blasted...
A fellow Lumberjock requested more info on how I made my quick & dirty Quoridor board. After sending him the info, I figured I might as well post it here. It’s been almost a year since I made the board so I hope my memory is correct. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. MAKING A QUORIDOR BOARD The overall width is determined by the size of the squares that make up the board plus the width of your blade. I made mine by allowing for extr...
Now that I have made the track for the circular saw, and got the planer tuned up, I can actually start building the coffee table that I promised my wife for her birthday back in January. I am taking a bit of a different tack on this series of videos by making them shorter. I think that will make viewing them easier. Most of my build videos I have made longer because I thought I would lose continuity but I think they may be a bit long for viewing. This series I am going to try to keep each...
I should have been updating this more often instead of posting all of the pictures at once but I guess I’ll be better about it next time. Once the base and frame were assembled I opened the motor and found how jammed it was full of saw dust. After cleaning it out I changed out the switch for a paddle switch. After the switch was mounted I enclosed the bottom of the saw with plywood for dust collection. I installed the factory fence and realized how wobbly it was so I upgraded to a V...
After working on the table top I moved on to the base. After sitting outside for a few years it had really began to rust pretty bad. I sanded it all down to bare metal, painted it, and reassembled with new hardware. (First time using photobucket for pictures, hope they come out ok)
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- bandit571 - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries