I should have been updating this more often instead of posting all of the pictures at once but I guess I’ll be better about it next time. Once the base and frame were assembled I opened the motor and found how jammed it was full of saw dust. After cleaning it out I changed out the switch for a paddle switch. After the switch was mounted I enclosed the bottom of the saw with plywood for dust collection. I installed the factory fence and realized how wobbly it was so I upgraded to a V...
After working on the table top I moved on to the base. After sitting outside for a few years it had really began to rust pretty bad. I sanded it all down to bare metal, painted it, and reassembled with new hardware. (First time using photobucket for pictures, hope they come out ok)
I started this project in May and have finally completed it. I was given an old Craftsman 12” direct drive saw from my father-in-law. The saw had been outside under a tarp for the last 3 years. The top was rusted and the gears were full of saw dust and gunk. The trunion was completely locked up. ! I disassembled the saw and started with cleaning the gears. It took a couple of hours, but afterwards it worked wonderfully. Next I began sanding the top. It was in ...
I needed a track saw to cut a slab to make a coffee table. So I made one. This is how I did mine. By using the table saw to cut a dado in the base, the track is as accurate as a table saw. View on YouTube
Once again with weather and other commitments I haven’t made a lot of progress. Also the fact that I’ve been devoting the time I have worked on this on the router end has slowed me down. Over the last few weeks I got the opening for the router plate and the miter track cut out, got the router, plate, and track mounted. It didn’t take too long to get that done. The rest though has been chewing up much more time than I anticipated. Other than a large bottom drawer to hold rout...
This mallet was fun to build! It was 3 completely different processes to make each part of it. This was also my first time working with plastic (LDPE) as a medium. I have absolutely no practical use for this thing… I just thought about it one day and it sounded like fun to make! View on YouTube
I had to come to terms with not being able to restore this piece an keep the original finish, there was just to much corrosion. I used a progression of wet/dry sandpaper starting at 320g an working my way up to 2000g. It came out pretty good and I’ll probably follow this up with some sort of aluminum buffing compound and a buffing wheel.
Good evening, I just purchased and received my In-Line Industries table saw pulleys and belt for my craftsman table saw. Did anyone have problems getting the Arbor pulley on the entire way? It is tightened down with the allen screw, so it is secure. Maybe has about 1/8” to 3/16” left. I don’t want to use a scrap piece of wood and a hammer for fear of damaging the shaft and bearings. Any advice? ThanksCraig
I’m looking for som help and guidance here. I decided to try and tackle the cleaning of the silver plate on the front of the saw, which I believe is aluminum, and I’m hoping someone more knowledgeable than me can help. Here’s what I started with: My initial thought was to use water, mild soap and a nylon bristle brush. That did clean a good portion of the large easy to get stuff, but it’s left me with this. I don’t want to do something that I can...
Hello everyone, it’s both my first post to the site and my first ever blog post all in one. I’ve been browsing the site for a few weeks now because I’ve been on the market for a new table saw and sort of fell in love with the idea of rebuilding a Craftsman 113. Well after contacting a couple of people through my local Craigslist, today I went out and picked up not just one but two table saws. The first saw I found and actually had a friend go and take a look at for me...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1783 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Toy costruction - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1808 entries
- dbhost - 432 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 307 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 236 entries
- Dave Rutan - 228 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries