My wife and I are expecting our first child in February. This after 2 years of trying. Needless to say, we are very excited. This, of course, is my chance to build some baby furniture and spend a little time in the shop that isn’t work related. No real deadlines, and the freedom to use all of the creativity I want. What could be better. There is one other reason I’m building these 2 items. I’d really like to build something that my daughter will have when she gets married...
It was a good week-end. I made a small amount of progress on my computer table/desk. Still not finished but an getting closer. I can’t wait to share some pictures. A friend of mine did find me a new (axtually used)...new to me, hand plane at a garage sale over the week end. I will probably clean and sharpen it tonight, (there goes progress on the computer table)...oh well.Everyone have a good week.
I’ve completed the table based on a design that I blogged about in a previous post. I talk about the construction and design details in a new post on my blog. There are some pictures of the detail there as well. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!
I’ve been planing to build a down-draft table for quite awhile. It’s probably as important as a dust collector for staying ahead of dust collection. Someone gave me a furnace blower that puts out a lot of air, and I’ve been planning and plotting. My big hangup has been that the filters will plug up fast and I’ll be cleaning them all the time. This weekend I cut up a bunch of MDF and was surprised to see quite a pile of MDF dust in my dust seperator. When the air an...
Although I completed the fence last night, my girlfriend unknowningly borrowed the camera, so I only have some after-completion photos today. Here is the completed front face of the fence. Some mini quick grips still holding the upper fixed fence portion in place. And here’s the back of the fence. I deviated quite a bit from Norm’s design on the dust chute. I really hate routing dust, so I decided to just use a 2.5” coupler, and I’m going to use the shop...
I grabbed a Dewalt Dado set off Amazon for a song a while back, thanks to the wonderful deal hound at Woodnet. So I loaded that up, got a good fit, and began to run down some Dados Then I began to glue & brad the chassis together. I set that aside so that the glue could dry, and moved on to the drawers. I broke down the ply, and laid them all out. Before I assembled, I did a big tape-up, tossed on some cheap sacrificial borg ply on the bottom, and drilled the...
NOTE All of my photos have been migrated to a new provider, and the links in my posts are likely out of date. You can find the photos here. So, I’ve needed a router table, and I wanted an nice big surface area. I’ve used some of the lighter weight ones before and didnt’ care for them. The only product I used that I liked was the Bench Dog with the CI top, and the whole system, including a nice beefy 3HP router would have set me back around $1500. I couldn’t se...
Sometimes after you complete a task, you wonder why you procrastinated so long to do it. I had a good day in the shop yesterday doing a simple but, long-overdue upgrade to my drill press. If you are considering a similar upgrade, or you are just looking for some inspiration to tackle a project that you’ve been putting off, you might want to take a look at the post about it on my blog. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!
Hi all. I wanted to introduce myself and present all you fellow ‘jocks with my current project. It’s a little design I’ve had whirling around my head for some time. It’s an Arts & Crafts inspired small table to go next to the sofa and hold ‘her in doors’ cup of tea whilest watching TV of an evening. Here’s a shot of a dry fit and unfinished top: I’m currently in the middle of a glue up of the leg assemblies, and a mitred frame to s...
Contractor Saw Refurbishing #1: Good news: I got it home. Bad news: Now I have to do something with it!
I found an old, well-worn Jet contractor saw locally through Craigslist. It came with a Delta Unifence, so even with some replacement parts and repairs factored in, I got it for a steal at $175. It was quite a job to horse it home by myself, but with the help of an appliance dolly I managed to get it out of its old basement and into my basement. I thought it might be fun for someone if I occasionally post updates here. And I certainly welcome all the tips and suggestions that anyone mig...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1586 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1611 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries