It was one year ago that I converted my single stage dust collector into a two stage system. In this video I share the final tweaks and changes to my dust collection system. Find out some of the things I did that worked, and did not work, as I modified my dust collector. I hope that by sharing my experience, others will find it helpful as they make decisions for their own dust collection system. Your friend in the shop, Todd A. Clippinger Share the Love-Share the Knowledge ...
Alright, my first blog entry ever. I’ve learned so much from so many here. Figured it’s my turn to hopefully help someone out there. I researched this topic extensively. There were similar things on LJ about this upgrade. But I found I wanted some more specifics as to how to hook up exactly before I purchased everything. I have a Delta 50-760 DC. As you can kind of see in this image, my existing factory cloth bag has seen better days. It’s quite brown colored on the outsi...
So I know that lots of people have posted their dust collection systems, so I thought I would post mine. Below is the final picture and a schematic of what I built. In short, it’s a Harbor Freight dust collector, a Wynn Engineering Filter, a salad bowl as an internal baffle, and a Super Dust Deputy cyclone. The dust connections are made with 4” rubber pipe connections to the tools. To top it off, I just made my own remote control switch using some relays and a $10 wireless remote fo...
I recently converted my single stage dust collector into a 2-stage system using the Super Dust Deputy by Oneida. In this video I share my initial impressions and performance of the system. Click Here For Video I do not cover all the modifications but you will see the overall setup and I give a basic price breakdown of the cost. I will cover the specifics of my conversion in the future. If you have been thinking of getting a Super Dust Deputy to convert your single stage DC into a 2-s...
Modded the single stage collector into a dual stage collector using to the super dust deputy from Oneida – Decided to to relocate the motor and blower above the cyclone and minimize the runs…..also hard mounted the cyclone under the blower and built a riser to bring the barrel into the cyclone. The barrel was a freebie from work. Worked on this all day and not much scientific data to report – but here is a video of the first run, using a bucket of super fine dust ...
I have declared war on dust in the shop. My shop is in the basement/garage and I have been spending more and more time there. Recently I was planing/jointing around 100’ of rough cut cherry for a project which produced a lot of sawdust from all the power tools used. As a hybrid woodworker, I like to get my wood from the mill and prep it myself, saving money. Once I get the stock flat and square and within 1/8” or less then I switch to hand tools. I purchased a Delta 50-76...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1600 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1625 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries