As I had posted previously I’m adding a french cleat storage on one wall of my garage to store all of my tools.I’m in the process of building tool holders First up is some hammer holdersA hole in a scrap of ply. I drilled about 90 – 95% of the hole in the board and then removed some of the material to fit the handle. A couples hammer up on the wall And a holder for my tape measures, A couple mending plates with a spacer to set them off of the cleat.
Had some shop time today with 42 degrees outside, it was quite a lovely day. my compressor came back to life also – I guess when it goes below 40 the air is too thin for the compressor to be able to raise the pressure in the tank. I also got the radiant heater from Lee Valley. Last time around, by the time I decided to order it- they were out of stock, and just received new stock this week. it works well, not as well as I was hoping for, but decent. To turn it on/off you have to yank...
I was able to spend some time in the shop over the holiday and finished getting the tool cabinet together. The drawer fronts are mounted as is the hardware. All glides are installed and the trays mounted in the cabinet section. Next will be taking everything apart, sanding, and finishing. I plan to locate some drawer liner material to put in the bottom of the drawings.
Grandkids And The Studio Furniture Movement The space-time continuum changes when you add the grandkids factor to the intended work progress equation, but that is OK. Rita and I had a couple of the grandsons for the weekend and they spent some time in the shop with me. I went out to the shop Saturday morning with the 2 boys in tow (ages 3 and 4) and thought that I would finish my organizational efforts in just a few hours – silly me. It took me all morning just to install the ceil...
About two weeks ago Hopdevil posted a question to the forum about shelving he had seen in the Martha Stewart Magazine. It is called birds beak shelving.Well thank you Hopdevil, a gun went off in my head. This would be the perfect project for the Torque WorkCentre.So off I went to my shop with video camera in hand and shot this remedial video showing how easy this project was to make. It was more difficult to get the camera and my mouth working at the same time so I think it shows how I really...
Wall space is a premium in my shop because of the multiple uses of the space. When I started thinking about making clamps I knew I would need a place to store them. I devised a way to put a clamp rack in front of my scrap stick area and hinge it so that it could be pulled up to the ceiling when I didn’t need to access my longer clamps. It’s raised with two pullies with the rope held taught with an old window sash weight. A clip hooks onto a screw eye at the bottom of the rack...
Hi everyone. I was trying to figure out a way to store some of my fasteners and small parts which lead me to construct this. Take some Dollar Store baking pans, some scrap wood, and a little routing, sanding & painting and problem solved. I then use my label maker to identify what is in each pan. I’m still sorting things out, but so far it’s worked great. You can take the one you need to your work area and bring it back when you’re done. I don’t think it...
It was a bit dreary out today. I had a little tea in the afternoon and that motivated me to get out and finish the cabinet. Getting ready to assemble ten drawers. The plan: Staple the heck out of it.Getting ready to assemble ten drawers. With the four sides together I applied a bead of glue along the bottom edge.You can see the alignment mark. The ply panel is glued and stapled flush to the drawer front. The finished “masterwork” Notice the copious plane shavi...
I downloaded a CAD file for this open source work bench design ages ago, and set about scavenging recycled materials. I purchased a couple sheets of 5/8” MDF that was extra from a job we ran at work and got the shop forman to cut the drawer sides, ends and drawer box sides, tops and bottoms on the panel saw. I then came across a pallet of 42”x42” chipboard that one of our customers asked us to scrap out for them, and was able to get 10 or so sheets for free. I order...
I left off cutting the top in my last post. I got the top to fit the saw and extended the miter slots with a router. I than attached the top and routed the edges (with a pattern bit) to fit and glued and nailed it in place. The next important step was to level the 8 feet on the cabinet and adjust the bolts on the base of the saw until the table saw and island are level and the saw is just a hair higher than the surface of the island. I used bench levelers from woodpeckers for the feet and al...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1730 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1755 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 303 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 238 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries