Hello everyone. After another productive Saturday in the shop I came up with this French cleat saw blade storage option. It can be modified to your dimensions and needs as always. It features two rows of blade storage with 6 partitions each. The dividers can be removed for larger blades such as 1/2” or 3/4” bandsaw blades. You could even reduce the spacing on one of them for more table saw blades. For added storage options on the outside you could use dowels, screws, or nails. ...
Time to modify the workbench. I built the bench a year ago. Currently it has a simple shelf for storage. The plan is to build a simple cabinet with drawers to store hand tools, possibly my routers, and other “stuff” Here is a pic of the plan from Matthew Teague’s Setting up Shop (same place I got the bench plan). The drawers are weird. The bottoms are glued and stapled up onto the box. The bottom then becomes the runners. —————&...
edit – I actually did this before the workbench, but since I’m adding it to this series after the fact, it winds up as #2. I designed this partly to learn more about using SketchUp, and partly because its something I’d like to make to keep organized and clean. After looking at what I usually keep on hand and the sizes of scraps I seem to accumulate, and combining some ideas from a few other mobile racks I’ve seen on LJs, I came up with this. Its 24” wide, by ...
Last year I embarked on project that included redoing the storage room in my shop and also building a gambrel style shed on my property. After completing this, I was looking at needing about 120 lineal feet of storage shelving for both. I didn’t want to go with a built in 2×4 constructed shelving unit as they are not adjustable, a pain to build/paint ( I have done it before) and more importantly I can’t take them with me if I ever move. I looked at the local borg and it would have bee...
Drawer Parts Galore I started by squaring some panels to the width of the drawers. To save time I rabbeted the entire panel. Later I would rip them to create the sized drawer fronts. Testing the drawer front fit. You can see the drawer pieces in each cubby awaiting their fronts. The backs of the drawers are held by dadoes 1/2” in from the back of the drawer. I got to spend some quality time with the new crosscut sled.If you squint you can see that there is another 1/2”...
I have spent much of my freetime recently organizing, overhauling and simply cleaning out my shop. Now for some of you who have viewed my shop here on LJ you may have thought that it was already organized but I wanted to increase my closed storage and clean things up a bit. The storage came way of a recent commision I did. I recently did some custom walnut fronts for a client who was redoing her kitchen. To save money she put in IKEA Kitchen cabinet cases and had me do all custom drawer a...
The desire for a new workbench was born before Marc began his Roubo build last year, but I can’t say his 2012 videos did not throw more fuel on the fire, as did some of the “Worbench of your Dreams” discussions and topics here. Personally, I need more space for storage, and it seems to be a waste to me to have an open base, so I decided to build an enclosed base, and in doing so, it caused me some design problems as I began to wander away from the WW plan. The more sites ...
I got the inspiration for this from Workbench Magazine . I deliberately did not look at their drawings for dimensions or scale. This cart looked like a good design. As with many projects, it is infinitely easier to customize an existing design rather than come up with all original ideas. How many times do we stand on the shoulders of giants that have gone before us? The inner structure: I replaced the pegboard on theirs with 1/2” plywood thinking I would simply screw to...
Since 2×4’s are one of the most common and cheapest woods out there, I want to build a few projects using nothing but them.This is my first one in the new year.I have been using cardboard boxes for years and now I can replace them with simple wooden storage bins. You can click here to watch the video on my YouTube channel. Please let me know what you think about it. Thank youPaul Pomerleau
I saw this idea on Jay's page first, and have seen versions of it as well. I’m extremely happy with the results, and planning even to add some more to the adjacent wall with maybe 2 pipes at the highest elevation only, and small, single pipe, segments running over the window. I also need to find some kind of caps, plastic hopefully, for the lowest racks just for some added safety. I decided to make one with my own twist(s) which include:1) mine is attached to a CMU wall instead of ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 276 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 230 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries