In the process of organizing the shop I had definite need of hardware storage. I had an old dresser that I revamped and used it for the larger parts, but the small stuff was overwhelming. I had 5 generic boxes and bought 5 more plano 3700 boxes to sort everything into. Here’s a pic of the sorting process which took over 9hrs to finish…LOL! It was a long day! Next I built a rack to hold all 10 of the boxes. I used some surplus PT 1×2 stock that I had. Here’s a pi...
I now have the singles finish up. You can see the final post at http://lumberjocks.com/projects/18514 . Here is the drawing and finished product: The only thing I changed was the two doors into just one big one. The two smaller doors looked too small for the size of the opening. Now I will be working on the two styles of bunk beds. Before I left two weeks ago, I made the prototypes and cut out the parts. While I was gone. I had my crew prep and sand everything for me. Hopeful...
I felt like I was getting buried in cut-offs and bit and pieces of sheet goods, then I saw a video by Steve Ramsey (woodworking for mere mortals) on his lumber cart. Bingo, here was the solution I was looking for. A couple of days later i had it about full. He didn’t tell you on the video hat it takes two men and a boy to move it before the casters are on it, ugh!
Well last Sunday we received around 4” of rain in a 24 hour period half of which came overnight. I happened to want to get something out of my shop on Monday morning and opened the basement only to be hit with the smell of “wet basement”. I quickly looked around and found some puddles and seepage around the whole basement but not a lof standing water. After coming home from work early I was able to better assess the damage, it seems my sump pump switch failed and the narrow ...
I was able to figure out why the piece of plywood was not square to the other piece of the A-frame. It turned out that one of the angled wedges at the bottom was a little long and needed to be trimmed. The plywood was already in place and I didn’t feel like unclamping and lifting it off. I used my dozuki and trimmed a thin line between the wedge and ply and after fishing the sliver out from underneath I was able to pound the sheet down into place. I used a level and a framing square to ...
I am going to “try” to do a good job of taking more pictures of my shop remodel than I usually do. Of course I have already failed in that because I forgot to take the before pictures with all of tools randomly scattered around and very unuseful. Intro: I have been very lucky in the last six months in that my lovely wife has allowed me to expand my tool collection. I have bought most of my tools or received them as gifts in the last 6 months actually. See my other posts for...
Yea . . . something new followed me home the other day: And it had this big box of stuff with it . . . And inside the box . . . It was like Christmas time . . . digging into the presents: And as an added bonus . . . the jointer: I’d say I did pretty good. My dad looked at some of the stuff and I have several hundred dollars worth of stuff just in blades/arbors. Some of the things were brand new (like a tendon jig) and many were unopened. The box o...
I have a thing for filing cabinets. I have 19 (nineteen) in my shop.I get them for free or dirt cheap off Craig’s List. And they are all high quality (Hon or equivalent.)A couple weeks ago I decided to consolidate my two grinders on separate stations into one master station.My main grinder was set on a rolling tool stand. It has the lathe sharpening setup underneath. The second grinder is a cheapo for general purpose grinding. The goal was to mount them back-to-back in the (futile...
I picked up several sheets of drywall, plus some cement board and even some pegboard in the past year or so… all for very little money ($20 total), and no immediate plans to use it… It has been cluttering up one corner of my shop. Today I decided that I would do something about that. I”ve got my newfangled workbench to complete, and that is going to need a spot in the shop before I can assemble it, Well, here’s what I did to get rid of the clutter: I cut the 2x mate...
I written before about using all your space. When you have a small shop and you keep on acquiring more and more stuff you must have a way to store it handy but out of the way. This may seem unimportant when you have a bunch of room but to all you others try these.Now if I can get the sleds to show their not pretty but they work for me. Have seen some ideas for storing sleds lately but those places were already taken in my shop. I did spot a blank place under the floor model drill press whe...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1292 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 101 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1314 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 380 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 188 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 175 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 163 entries
- stefang - 151 entries