OK, so that’s how I like my steaks, but as for lumber – I really like it dry, and just right! When I took on the Bowling Lane Workbench project, I knew I’d have to reorganize the work space a tad bit (ok, more than just that). Especially since I also got the planer which takes considerable space, I knew things would have to be moved around to give me room to walk/stand, and work comfortably and safely. the new workbench now resides where my medium/longer (anything that...
I think I’m going to end up with several Bench SlideMounts. They’re exactly what I didn’t realize I’ve been looking for. I’ve been dragging my heels on a bad idea I’ve had to install T-tracks in my 8’x2’ work table, seen here almost 2 years ago when the garage was still nice and empty and traversable. I’d make a shelf below the bench to hold my smaller bench tools on squares of plywood, bringing each up as needed, sliding its bolts into...
I finally got the other rack [I bought 2 and put one inside.] into the wood storage area… Went down to my mate Pat’s Demolition yard and picked up 3 of the 5 pallets of European Wild Cherry that I had stored there. [These boards are of various length and width and thickness… mainly 2’ long. 1 to 2’’ thick and up to 4’’ wide.] The other 2 are coming tomorrow.Even though we had them wrapped they were stored outside and they are slightly damp.. oh...
Greetings, I have been storing my dowels in a 6”x24” paper tube stored in a garbage can. The garbage can collect everything from electrical box plugs, batteries, scrap brass or copper, waterheater burner, bent nails. The problem came to light when I knew I had a length of dowel but I couldn’t reach it. For a long time, I have thought about storing my dowels in a piece of gutter. So I built one, 5’ with ends. I haven’t put on a lid just yet, but that wil...
I now have the singles finish up. You can see the final post at http://lumberjocks.com/projects/18514 . Here is the drawing and finished product: The only thing I changed was the two doors into just one big one. The two smaller doors looked too small for the size of the opening. Now I will be working on the two styles of bunk beds. Before I left two weeks ago, I made the prototypes and cut out the parts. While I was gone. I had my crew prep and sand everything for me. Hopeful...
Over the last couple months things in the shop have been fairly quiet…mainly due to things in the house being more noisy! Of course, our now 5-month-old son Nathan’s an absolute joy and easily the least-demanding baby of the three. This weekend I snuck away for a bit to put the finishing touches on my new hide-away blade storage rack. Hidden Blade Storage When I originally designed the shop cabinets, I kept the drawer sizes and placements open figuring I’d work the fin...
This weekend we almost got the new cabinets entirely done. We had quite a few learning experiences along the way, which I’m extremely thankful for since these are just garage cabinets. I’m not exactly making pieces of fine furniture here out of Cherry or Oak . . . but I’m definitely learning a lot along the way. Here’s the first picture—the back on the cabinets. My daughter and I jumped in the truck and hit the local big box store for some Lauan plywood. (...
Well, Peggy and I finally were able to get a weekend time slot free with good weather to get outside and cut-up the plywood for the garage cabinets. I must admit, that I must have completely been out of my mind when I measured the side pieces. Peggy was looking at them and said they looked a bit tall . . . so I held them up above my workbench and was flabbergasted at the discrepancy. All my plans in Sketchup seemed to just have went out the window. Then when we were talking we realiz...
I picked up several sheets of drywall, plus some cement board and even some pegboard in the past year or so… all for very little money ($20 total), and no immediate plans to use it… It has been cluttering up one corner of my shop. Today I decided that I would do something about that. I”ve got my newfangled workbench to complete, and that is going to need a spot in the shop before I can assemble it, Well, here’s what I did to get rid of the clutter: I cut the 2x mate...
(Found at http://www.laughingcoyotewoodworks.com/snoozebutton.html) So last weekend we were forecasted to get a big snowstorm here in KC, and this time the forecasters really did know what they were talking about. I anticipated this and went out for a couple of sheets of 3/4 Baltic Birch plywood and two 8 foot 1×8’s. I figured that would give me the materials to keep working through the weekend, because I wouldn’t want my 2wd Dakota out and about in the snow. I got ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1182 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1204 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 387 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- MsDebbieP - 299 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 292 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- mafe - 201 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- shipwright - 158 entries
- scottb - 144 entries