I was able to figure out why the piece of plywood was not square to the other piece of the A-frame. It turned out that one of the angled wedges at the bottom was a little long and needed to be trimmed. The plywood was already in place and I didn’t feel like unclamping and lifting it off. I used my dozuki and trimmed a thin line between the wedge and ply and after fishing the sliver out from underneath I was able to pound the sheet down into place. I used a level and a framing square to ...
Ok, despite this morning’s drama, I manned up (just kidding, I felt better, if I still felt like that nothing would have been accomplished today) and got something done. At this point some thoughts and opinions on squaring up the A frame and how would I go about measuring the angle to make sure its true 5 degrees from centerline on either side? What I was able to do today was rather surprising. I almost finished, but didn’t know how exactly to get things lined up, so I clamp...
Here is a super simple project that I made with some scrap lumber I saved from a remodel job last week. Our garage has been needing some more shelves so I figured these could be put to good use, I was right. I know to a lot of people here this project will seem silly and to easy but I bet someone out there is looking for the very basics. Thanks for watching!
Well I thought I could have the whole cart knocked out in one day, but you wouldn’t believe how incredibly hard it is to work in a garage full of crap! Well, then again, maybe you have been there and can sympathize. Needless to say I made a lot of dust and made some big wood into smaller pieces today. I will let the photo do the talking because there isn’t much to say: torsion box + 4” wheels = platform. :-) As for design, there have been some changes to account for my st...
Part of my problem, which I assume all woodworkers have is that there is no such thing as scrap wood….thus the piles of ply and lumber everywhere. This leads me to where I am now, musing over a design or two to aid in my quest for floor space and for that matter to just be able to see my floor! At this point I grow weary of looking at sketchup and would like your thoughts. Picture #1 – the overall design, partly borrowed from the generic A frame you have all seen around, wit...
I decided to build a charging station to store my cordless drills. It turned out pretty well and really helped because I just had my drills laying around and my chargers in different places with the cords in the way…. Thanks for watching! If your interested you can find Will’s blog here:http://www.o2thinkbig.co.uk/Projects/Project-Home/?clubId=1739
Ok So I know I have been referring to a ShopQuest for the past 2 years now. Well guess what I am finally doing it, with the time I spent in the shop this year thanks to my blog I decided I needed to move some things around. So most of the month of February is going to be dedicated to reorganizing and rearranging my shop. I even got an early start. I like the workbench I have (it was left behind by the previous owner) but the way I had it situated took up to much space. As did my previously...
Have a look at my french cleat system in my shop. It’s a very versatile system that can easily adapt to your storage needs. Check out my Youtube Channel for more videos, http://www.youtube.com/user/SailingandSuch?feature=guide Thanks for watching!
Well today I built another lumber storage rack. This one I put up in the far corner of the garage next to a larger rack I hung several years ago. In my quest to free up more floor space I wanted to eliminate this storage bin. I made for scaps that are too long to go under a bench but it just never worked for me. Here is the new rack in construction. It was made from scraps. Hung up in its new home Here it is loaded up with all the stuff from the other bin. Look at all that floor s...
In the process of organizing the shop I had definite need of hardware storage. I had an old dresser that I revamped and used it for the larger parts, but the small stuff was overwhelming. I had 5 generic boxes and bought 5 more plano 3700 boxes to sort everything into. Here’s a pic of the sorting process which took over 9hrs to finish…LOL! It was a long day! Next I built a rack to hold all 10 of the boxes. I used some surplus PT 1×2 stock that I had. Here’s a pi...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1634 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1659 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 228 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- robscastle - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries