At one point in another forum post here on LJs, I offered a tool cabinet would be worked using the raw materials salvaged from this old Hoosier cabinet topper. Including the beat up piece of tambour door. Some fine grit ROS work on the tambouR got it to look presentable; here it is sitting on top of the now-disassembled topper. Not sure where this is headed, evidenced by the foot-dragging on the project so far. But, I did build a headboard in the meantime, so it’...
I found some great ideas for building storage beds for our two boys on the internet, at Ana White Homemaker. After studying these plans for a bit, I decided I wanted to make some changes, mainly to upgrade the joinery methods and make the base cabinets deeper, so they met in the middle under the box spring. So, here’s what I came up with after learning google sketchup, and going through a few design revisions. This bed is basically made up of several box cabinets that will be bolted ...
I just did another video on my drawer storage unit in my shop. I figured I would share it with everyone! Thanks for watching!
I was able to figure out why the piece of plywood was not square to the other piece of the A-frame. It turned out that one of the angled wedges at the bottom was a little long and needed to be trimmed. The plywood was already in place and I didn’t feel like unclamping and lifting it off. I used my dozuki and trimmed a thin line between the wedge and ply and after fishing the sliver out from underneath I was able to pound the sheet down into place. I used a level and a framing square to ...
Ok, despite this morning’s drama, I manned up (just kidding, I felt better, if I still felt like that nothing would have been accomplished today) and got something done. At this point some thoughts and opinions on squaring up the A frame and how would I go about measuring the angle to make sure its true 5 degrees from centerline on either side? What I was able to do today was rather surprising. I almost finished, but didn’t know how exactly to get things lined up, so I clamp...
Here is a super simple project that I made with some scrap lumber I saved from a remodel job last week. Our garage has been needing some more shelves so I figured these could be put to good use, I was right. I know to a lot of people here this project will seem silly and to easy but I bet someone out there is looking for the very basics. Thanks for watching!
Well I thought I could have the whole cart knocked out in one day, but you wouldn’t believe how incredibly hard it is to work in a garage full of crap! Well, then again, maybe you have been there and can sympathize. Needless to say I made a lot of dust and made some big wood into smaller pieces today. I will let the photo do the talking because there isn’t much to say: torsion box + 4” wheels = platform. :-) As for design, there have been some changes to account for my st...
Part of my problem, which I assume all woodworkers have is that there is no such thing as scrap wood….thus the piles of ply and lumber everywhere. This leads me to where I am now, musing over a design or two to aid in my quest for floor space and for that matter to just be able to see my floor! At this point I grow weary of looking at sketchup and would like your thoughts. Picture #1 – the overall design, partly borrowed from the generic A frame you have all seen around, wit...
I decided to build a charging station to store my cordless drills. It turned out pretty well and really helped because I just had my drills laying around and my chargers in different places with the cords in the way…. Thanks for watching! If your interested you can find Will’s blog here:http://www.o2thinkbig.co.uk/Projects/Project-Home/?clubId=1739
Ok So I know I have been referring to a ShopQuest for the past 2 years now. Well guess what I am finally doing it, with the time I spent in the shop this year thanks to my blog I decided I needed to move some things around. So most of the month of February is going to be dedicated to reorganizing and rearranging my shop. I even got an early start. I like the workbench I have (it was left behind by the previous owner) but the way I had it situated took up to much space. As did my previously...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1037 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 85 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Just for Fun... - 72 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 64 parts
- 52 Weeks - 52 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1059 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 384 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- dbhost - 318 entries
- Martin Sojka - 294 entries
- Karson - 288 entries
- MsDebbieP - 283 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- William - 210 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Stevinmarin - 197 entries
- mafe - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 182 entries
- Rustic - 182 entries
- PurpLev - 159 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 146 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries