The Nets are done and I’m really pleased with how they came out, this being my first attempt at steam bending or building my own net frames. Two of them will make nice gifts for my Dad and my Brother. Net#1: Walnut and Alder Hoop with a Walnut Handle. The inside diameter of the hoop is 9”x14” with an overall length of 21.5”. One of my hand made fly fishing lanyards is on the table behind the net. I fish with a lanyard to hold my fly fishing tools rather tha...
It’s been a while since I posted my last update on this project and I’ve made a lot of progress. Once I got the basic shaping and sanding done, I had to stop until I found the net bags that I wanted to use on the frames. As of this week, I have everything I need to finish the nets, so here are some more photos to show you what I’ve done so far: Here is net #2 after bending, but before glue up. This photo gives a good look at how I pegged my circles to the melamine ba...
Fly fishing is one of my other hobbies and like wood working, it can be very expensive. Thankfully, I’ve been fly fishing for close to 25 years and gradually acquired some really great gear that will last a lifetime. To keep costs under control, I like to tie my own flies and build as much of my own gear as possible. I built a custom fly rod back in 1998, and it is still my favorite (a 9ft 6wt on a Winston 3-piece LT blank). I was able to save 60% off the stock rod by building it ...
Hey LJ, sorry for the delay between entries. I’ve been fairly pr-occupied recently but have taken lots of picture of the guitar! Well, steam bending the sides of the guitar was a fairly difficult step in the process. I didn’t use the typical steaming method, but rather, I soaked the pieces under hot water for several minutes. The sides are made of 3/32” thick Walnut. I bended the sides using a form made of laminated ply, in the shape of the sides. The heat was appl...
Hi folks, Here is another video of the next step in the making of the pulpit. I wanted to add some extra detail to the inside so I decided to add some arches on both sides to keep the “theme” going with the rest of the project. This is how I did it. The wood is beech. Thanks for watching!
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1037 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 85 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Just for Fun... - 72 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 64 parts
- 52 Weeks - 52 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1059 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 384 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- dbhost - 318 entries
- Martin Sojka - 294 entries
- Karson - 288 entries
- MsDebbieP - 283 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- William - 210 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Stevinmarin - 197 entries
- mafe - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 182 entries
- Rustic - 182 entries
- PurpLev - 159 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 146 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries