Yes, a topic close to all our hearts – how to keep our clamps stored efficiently but kept easily accessible. After realising that a previously-useless-seeming space could be used to hang clamps, and looking at many ways to do so, I grabbed some scrap, glued it, cut it, screwed it to more scrap, then screwed the whole lot on the wall. I’ll add some more jutting-out-bits so that the rest of the clamps can be hung on there too.
A big part of the challenge in displaying all 6 sides is the stand. . I spent a lot of time designing a stand that shared elements from the font. It took several iterations to get something that looked natural and part of the theme of the box. You can see the final outline here. In the end, it just felt out of place. The assembly was too big and it drew attention away from the box. So, I set aside that design (and all the hours that invested in it) and came up with something simpl...
Update – With Pictures! So I ran into a problem with the original Shop Fox fence I ordered. No matter what I did to try and get it aligned it was toed into the blade. I called up technical support at Grizzly (after waiting on hold for about 30 minutes) they issued an RMA and exchanged the whole unit no questions asked. Once I get some hands-on time with this fence I’ll post a review of my initial impressions. . but it is definitely an upgrade to the original crappy fence tha...
After conspiring for some four years I finally saved up my pennies for the Grizzly G0602 metal cutting lathe. Had fun rigging it into my basement and began the process of disassembly, inspection and cleaning all the cosmoline off of it. These Chinese lathes are priced low enough for hobbyist to afford, but require a bit of TLC, as there are lots of burrs that need filing and grit to clean up in order to get everything moving smoothly. With the lathe weighing in at over 400 lb...
Above: A while ago I built this stand for my drill press. It’s got a deep drawer and two shelves behind double doors. It got really tiring having to open the doors, bend over, and reach in to grab either my electric (corded drill,) or my handy hand drill. So today I put a thought into action. I looked up drill holders and found this really basic design to keep things at hand. Above: A simple chunk of 2×4 with two holes drilled into it and a little cutting and I got thi...
Well, I have been working on this project for a little while now, the good portion of the summer. This is my first try at doing a bent form project. I was inspired after seeing Ken Dixon’s project from last year as seen here. I found a really nice piece of curly maple lumber online that I was going to use for the project. It was about the right size and 5/4” to give me some wiggle room. I have never used any curly wood like this before so I was pretty nervous to start cutting i...
Hi Jocks! I had been wanting to make another quick project so out to the shop I went and made another cupcake stand. This one is for my oldest daughter who just completed a cake decorating class. Hopefully this will be a good motivator for her to make some nicely decorated cupcakes to see and display, if only temporarily! ha. Thanks for checking out this video. It was spur of the moment but still fun and satisfying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUd4nIzSq7M&list=UUU_N6BtSIC...
Yes something else involving filing cabinets.I have an old Craftsman RAS that I can’t even sell for $75 on Craigslist, so I keep it for cutting dados for card and phone holders. It has the standard spayed leg stand where I kept a couple of empty tool boxes, but not really anything else. I got two 2-drawer cabinets a few weeks ago for $5 each, about half what I’m willing to pay for good ones.As they were a matched pair I had the opportunity to join them together to make a base f...
OK, So i am new here to LJ and i am excited to post new and exciting things this to get all sorts of feedback. I recently upgraded my hitachi table saw by installing the Vega Pro 50 Fence system! Its huge! The 40 would have been plenty, but for what i paid ($275) it was much cheaper than the 40 that i could find and i have the room for it so i figured what the heck! :). I took the wings off the saw becasue they were pretty much worthless and the stamped steel legs make for a pretty flim...
We do a lot of corrugated partitions at work, and occasionally do similar designs out of plywood cut on the CNC for use in crates. So I laid these out in 1/4” Masonite and banged them out about a month ago. Here are the individual pieces… Ad here they are set up…
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1614 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1639 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 222 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- robscastle - 182 entries