Going through the burnings, Im finding a few peices that I have left out. there are truely more than I can display. so I will try and show u the ones that I think you will like.
This table took a lot of thought and really stretched my skills but now that I see the end I know I could do it again better and faster!Background: a customer came to me with the need for a huge extendable table he had some walnut lumber left over from the building of his house and wanted to know if I could take on the job!I said yes pending a design, he said “here’s the lumber and can you make it with a trestle base” After examining the size of the lumber and getting approximate ...
This coffee table base was finished 2 months ago and we were able to get it shipped to The Netherlands. Out customer was going to put a rock fossil top on this, but had decided that it was so cool and unique that he ended up putting glass on it. It is 17” tall, finished with 3 coats stain polycrylic.
Here is the completed lamp it is 70” tall with the lamp shade 21×19 at the base it weighs 60 lbs The lamp shades are handmade. I do not make them a good friend of mine makes them for me. She does an excellent job.
The turquoise being inlayed in the base
This lamp is just the coolest. The then ribbon movement and sweeping motion is phenomenal. 71” tall to the top of the shade The base is 39” x 24” It weighs 70 lbs As you can see we added turquoise throughout.
Well today I went out and bought myself a good respirator to use when spraying paint and lacquer. Then after getting back home I went out and put some mineral spirits in my new spray gun and set up a large piece of cardboard and went to adjusting and practicing. I think I have the air adjustments very close to what needs to be when I actually start spraying the lacquer. I will just have to spend a few minutes adjusting the material flow once I get real lacquer in the gun. I also fiddle...
Thursday I spent most of the morning researching for a spray gun then did some sanding and got what I have done so far ready to assemble. Friday I got some small things finished up getting ready to make the final push to complete the outer case for the bed. Before going out to the shop I confirmed my order for a new HVLP spray gun and it should be here by the first of the week. I then attached the frame structure to the face panels using construction adhesive and screws. Then ...
Here it is!!
Here it is delivered to house. It takes two people to carry each stump and six men to carry the top up the stairs and into the house. I sure am glad I was the one taking the pictures. The measurements on this table are 81 1/2” x 44” and 31 1/2” tall.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1263 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1285 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 370 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 161 entries
- stefang - 148 entries