Here my husband is leveling the bottom so we can start getting it down to the right height. My daughter Scooter helping clean the bark out of the crevices
Here is the top, it is 70% sanded. You can see the large crack around the center of the the hearts, we will fill these cracks in with inlay and add some to the other side as well so we can balance it out. We add a tempered hardboard to the underside of the top, this adds extra stability and seems to help the wood from twisting over time plus with a few wood screws, bolts and gorrilla glue, it is a great way to attach the top to the base. We knocked the dark spot out of the...
As you can see, all the crevices have been sandblasted, the gray wood has been taken down to the rich wood grain and the gold is turning to blonde. This has been sanded with an electric sander and now I have about half a day of handsanding to make sure there are not any scratches, then it will be time ot build the legs. There is something very alluring about the movement of this wood, it can be so wild looking, yet so calm that it just pulls you in.
Going through the burnings, Im finding a few peices that I have left out. there are truely more than I can display. so I will try and show u the ones that I think you will like.
I have completed the final finishing and assembly of this project. I was able to spray four coats of Sherwin-Williams Wood Classics® Waterborne Polyurethane Varnish. I also mounted the drawer slides and fronts. The top was attached with tabletop fasteners from McFeely’s. I am afraid I didn’t have time to take pictures as I went along or to take pictures of the finished project, but I hope to be able to do that this weekend and post the project here early next week. I will a...
Since I’ve been documenting everything about my experience with the Fuji Mini-Mite 4 I decided to collect all the info in a blog series. So here we go! Backstory (skip past this if you just want to read my impressions of the fuji):For about a year I used a Qualspray QS-125WB from homestead finishing with my makita twin stack compressor. I also opted for the bigger 20 oz cup since it was to be my main spray setup. In that year I used the gun a lot, and it worked great, but the comp...
This is a continuation of the Hickory Chest build. This is an 8 video series. Here we continue with part 3, 4 and 5
Well, disappointingly, the desk top needed a complete re-sanding. In the higher temperature conditions late yesterday afternoon the finish did not flow well and left an unacceptable orange peal surface. The orange peel was just too rough, another coat wouldn’t help. the other parts were quickly brought to smooth with a 220 grit rubdown. I sealed the desktop’s new surface with shellac, which dried very quickly; warm today. Knocked down the nibs, and shot a coat of thinned poly....
Here is the drawing I submitted. Just a preliminary drawing, but we will nail down some more details this coming week and will start building the following week. From Yala, Hakim and Michelle
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1389 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 84 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1413 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 389 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 229 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 194 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 182 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 167 entries
- stefang - 167 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries