Well it’s a red letter day here in Nebraska. My Sargent 410 showed up in the mail, and it’s rusty, finished is cracked, but it’s functional and will be ready for it’s bath soon. But this blog is about to be hijacked by an event of more personal significance, albeit a galootish event as well. Long story short, I have done a little side work on some photos for Thomas Angle, who is working up a web page for Owyhee Design, the woodworking arm of his two businesses (The ...
I am pretty much done with the construction of the box itself. I had left the pins extra long and needed to trim them off, which is better then leaving them extra short and um… oh shoot. After some trimming and cleaning up the joints today I drilled and installed the hinges for the doors. I used SOSS model 100 hinges, 2 on each door which is good for material 1/2” thickness. I like those hinges, easy to install, fit well, and completely hidden for a nice clean look. You’l...
Just for giggles, I did a standing coin test with the Nova DVR-XP. Many of you know, this is a new toy…er tool to my shop. I haven’t gotten a lot of time to enjoy it, but I have done a few things. The lathe is fantastic, smooth, lots of power and is a significant upgrade to the lathe I had before. In this series, I’m going to demonstrate some hollowing tools including the famous Termite and the Proforme Hollowers. In this little video, I just do the coin test. The LCD ...
Sorry it’s been so long between entries, two-a-day football practices sort of got in the way ;) I guess I’ll continue where I left off… While I was waiting for my steel to arrive from McMaster- Carr I moved my attention to the infill. I had to slightly re-size and refine my original drawing to the final bed angle(50 degrees) and plan out exactly where I wanted the bolts and how the infill would fit in. I used my new drawing to make some paper templates which I just gl...
This is my first blog post, so don’t be to alarmed if it is the biggest piece of garbage you have ever read. I’ll try my best though ;) For the past few months, I have been in a tool craze. Whether it is planes, saws, braces, chisels, or even miter boxes, I just can’t get enough. So when Don W started his blog about making an infill, I saw how easy it could be, and figured why not try it myself. I get a beautiful and functional tool to add to my collection, and some more ...
Disclaimer: This blog follows my Magen David Board that is already finished and posted here This phase of the project took on a different pace. it was all hand tools oriented, and I was able to work on it at nights and at quick sessions as there was little setup involved, and not a whole lot of noise. To start. I took my old drill press table that was just hanging around the shop useless after I upgraded it and screwed a straight piece of cherry left over from my milling process to act ...
Here is a really easy, simple, and cheap way to take your finish one step further and get the ultra finish. Ok so maybe all your doing is giving it one last rub down, but take the extra step to get a nice clean and smooth final finish. Click here for the video.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1196 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 66 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1218 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries