A while back, I posted my sliding crosscut sled, but then I later built another sled that slid over both sides of the blade. The original sled was just to the left of the blade and left a cutoff piece to dance around and connect with the blade a few times. I found the perfect use for the old one sided sled at the band saw. I had to make a new runner, but the old one popped off easy enough. I cut it down to 12” wide and moved the end clamp closer to the left so it would not be off bal...
TrimChests and wardrobes benefit greatly from the added visual detail of trim applied at the top of the case. Watch this video to see how I cut the cove for the trim on my Dr. White’s chest. Trim after application and prior to final sanding. Out-of-focus shot of the temporary fence set-up I used to make the cove cut. Be sure that your clamps have a good hold. Often, the areas under or near the edge of the table saw are difficult to attain a good clamp hold. NOTE: Years ago,...
Decided to do the groove in the bread boards on the router table with a slot cutter bit And then to do the tounge on the end grain of the top with a rabbet bit. I often find the parallel set up bars used with the machinist vice on my bench top mill come in handy for set ups. They are 1/8” thick, so in this case two of them inserted in the groove with a feeler guage leaf was snug as a bug in a rug. This allowed me to match the rabbet bit height to groove bottom. the resu...
As I was waiting for another project to dry, I did a little work on the table top. I had cut it oversized on purpose to take advantage of the wavy figure in the board. I then had to face the difficult decision of how to trim it down for a sofa/foyer table that didn’t stick too far out. I settled on a 14” wide board, which leaves plenty of room for a decent overhand in the front, 2 1/4” legs, and a side apron that doesn’t look like a chubby baby’s leg. I the...
Let me start by saying that the first part of this blog although posted earlier today, was actually made about a year ago, I just posted it today as a preceding part to the one you’re reading now… tried not to double post and ‘push’ other’s from the blog front page, so I waited half a day between 2 posts, although both were made ready at the same time. to continue the story were I left off, what I found most difficult with setting up the box was the box joints...
Alright, I’m ready to do some real woodwork now. I finally finished my last two table saw jigs. This time I made a miter sled and a key slot jig (spline jig?). I will make more jigs/sleds as I need them, but I think that the three I’ve made recently should be a good start with my new TS. So, heres a couple of pictures, and as always comments and suggestions are welcome (I came here to learn).
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1264 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1286 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 370 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 161 entries
- stefang - 148 entries