If you note I have many blogs, I will let you in a fact. In August I had a left knee full replacement and knew I would be headed towards having the right knee done. So it was done the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Not being a hunter here in PA, less concern on my part but in the September recovery of the first I was able to go out and sit on my small deck and look at the sights and enjoy. Not so in early December here, “stoke up the woodburner, Nana” too bad I lost that woodbur...
All of my measuring and squaring tools were spread out throughout the shop. I wanted them all in one place, so I made this. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IOwoCwpg54
It’s been some time since I last chronicled the shop progress and I’m looking forward to moving in, albeit slowly. I painted the inside, built a porch, and wired the building. I must pay attention to a few things that I’ve ignored over the last several months while shop building, and then run underground power to the new space. I’ve had ample temporary power, using the 30A 120V underground wiring that supplied the old shed, it will be sooo nice not to deal ...
As to be expected, do enough woodworking and you will need various sizes of screws for all the different projects you work on. Then you end up with extra boxes of screws. I had all of mine just stacked together in a small bin. The bin was overflowing and it was just a pain to find a place to store the bin. It constantly got moved around. So, I made a small shelving unit to hold all the different screw boxes. It’s based on one I saw April Wilkerson make. You can see a link to her vide...
Hello everyone. After another productive Saturday in the shop I came up with this French cleat saw blade storage option. It can be modified to your dimensions and needs as always. It features two rows of blade storage with 6 partitions each. The dividers can be removed for larger blades such as 1/2” or 3/4” bandsaw blades. You could even reduce the spacing on one of them for more table saw blades. For added storage options on the outside you could use dowels, screws, or nails. ...
So the first phase of my workshop reorganization/upgrade had to be my workbench. In my first entry I mentioned that my current “workbench” was actually two metal framed shelving units which stand 3’ tall and have a plywood top. When I bought my home in 2011 this shelving unit was already in the garage half loaded up with old paint, left over tile and a few extra trim boards for the kitchen cabinets. At the time, I didn’t have the setup or time available to start bui...
This is just a quick video to say thanks to fellow woodworker Jay Bates. Check out his video to see how he made some simple and inexpensive brackets that can be used for shelving or lumber storage. Thanks for watching. Take care.
Okay, so I’ve been good about the projects challenge, just bad about the posting. 27 days in, 1 project left to do… maybe I’ll wait until Friday night for some last minute, down to the wire drama! Here’s a quick look at much of what has been going on in, and outside of the shop. Quite the mix of big and small. I wish I was able to do more “want to” than “have to” but I’m also VERY happy to have cleared a lot of those projects off the p...
Part of the problem, or challenge, of getting a project done every day (or doing anything in the shop ever) is the dance. The hop, skip and jump of winding your way around all the offcuts, jigs, scrap that too nice to trash, and trash that just doesn’t get out the door. So, in my quest to move forward to having actual floor space, and plenty of covered storage for tools and materials, I’ve stepped away from the lathe, took some plywood and got started on some BIG storage boxes....
I recently had an opportunity to take advantage of what I thought could be an improved storage unit in the shop. A local office was upgrading their lateral filing cabinets and I had a chance at the used ones (all I had to do was pick them up). I thought it would be a good idea, since the cabinets are designed to hold a lot of weight and would provide some dust protection. after a month of use, I really like them and it frees up some of my drawer space under my benches!
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1808 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 129 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 114 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1833 entries
- dbhost - 441 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 321 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries