As a fairly new member, joining about 12 months ago, I have only posted some of the pictures below at the “My Shop” area. After years of lurking at LumberJocks, and drooling over other guys shops, I decided to upload my shop build out. With little to no experience at blogging what a better place to start…right?!? So beer with me (The past 12 months of building has definitely increased my consumption) I am almost complete with the first phase of the build, and finally have so...
The builder has finished his part. The shop is constructed. The drywall is up. The siding is going on. Let there be light. Siding is done. Walls painted, windows trimmed. Night Shot Garage door installed and done. The next phase will be getting a heater and moving in.
Well I have not had much time between Little League Baseball, which we made it the way to invitationals and lost 1 game from the top. But they did well, Fall Ball Starts in couple weeks. Anyway Mid May 2015 we received an offer to trade/swap our current home for one 2 blocks away. There is a lot of new construction going on in our area. New multi housing shops etc. The Developer made us an offer to trade/swap our home for one they have completely renovated (everything new from both ba...
- If you answered “yes” or “maybe” to the above question, please click this link. I returned home to my monastery last week, and boy was I in for quite a shock – the monastery moved without telling you?; changed all the locks?; turned out the lights and pretended no one was home? I only noticed one thing at first, someone had committed the unforgivable sin of utilizing the top of the table saw as a place to water and take care of Easter lilies. After I stopp...
Please Consider Checking Out My Website: MonkWerks.org I decided to take last week off; Holy Week was a busy one and I needed a little rest – he didn’t go to Cozumel, no really he didn’t. But I am back this week talking obliquely about a project I started in my shop. Its a little hush-hush because I am participating in a tool swap on the Woodworkingtalk.com forum, and we are not supposed to say what we are building nor for whom we are building it. If we do so, the too...
I am jumping into my woodworking career with both feet. Unfortunately, this is not cheap and I do not have any tools worth anything. Also, having a handicap, I am on a very limited income. So, what is a woodworker to do? Start small, build up tools one at a time, accumulate better tools as you go. This is the plan, however, I need to start somewhere and my income only pays the bills that I have. I have found a possible source for start up expenses. I just signed up for a Crowd Funding webs...
This my second installment of my shop build. Last week I made a lumber rack and to fill the other blank part of that wall, I have constructed the simplest style of clamp racks. They are modular and super simple to make. They accommodate pipe clamps and bar clamps. There is also a bracket to hold the hand clamps, c-clamps, and band clamp. Watch the link below for full details on how to make you own modular clamp racks that can be moved anywhere in the shop. Thank you for watching and Don&...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 275 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 229 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries