The pantry in our bush house needed some remodeling. The “staircase” inside was really more of a ladder. My wife uses it everyday to go to the loft and hang laundry to dry and has had some close calls when trying to come down. So we did a remodel and built a more legitimate staircase, which also meant moving all of my solar equipment. All the lumber used was from trees I cut down and slabbed. Hopefully this staircase will prove to be more safe (at least after I make a handrail.) ...
My new scrap cutoffs shelves are handy for odds and ends, too, like the little roll of brown paper that’s always in my way, rolled-up foam sheeting, some jointed and planed 2×2s I use as straight bars during panel glue-ups, and a few sets of rails for my router bridge setup. You know… all the narrower stuff under 2’ long. I also finally emptied the two boxes of exotic turning blanks (on sale still!) that I got quite a long time ago. It’s very easy to forget...
Hi all… I just thought I’d jump in and start posting a few pictures of my current project. I’m not a seasoned woodworker by ANY means, though I’ve always secretly held a desire to learn woodworking. I live with my wife and son sharing a house with her parents. They were originally supposed to move out and let us take over the house, but when their project to buy a new house became a project to buy some empty land to “someday maybe” build a house on,...
The shelving unit is in service! I ended up using 1/2” plywood all around instead of vertical 2×4’s. I also decided not to depend on the garage walls for primary support, so it can be moved if desired, though I did screw it to a plywood strip that was pre-mounted on the wall. Even though the unit is strong enough on its own, that simple action added a ton of rigidity. Here’s what it looks like, all full of hastily loaded junk, but keep in mind the paint is actually ...
The puppies are now installed with metal L brackets. L brackets were not the look at I was going for but I figured they give good support without having to block off the left side of the shelves with a support beam. If I had a router, I may have attempted to inset the L bracket into the bottom of the shelf but for now, this newbie is happy enough. Anybody ever veneer an L bracket? :) Not the most artistic project but fun nonetheless. p.s. That’s an IKEA sliding door that I hacked ...
Today I cut & fitted the shelves. Dry assembled the whole table. Now I’ve got a lot of sanding, & pegging to do. This should keep me busy for awhile.
Here is a super simple project that I made with some scrap lumber I saved from a remodel job last week. Our garage has been needing some more shelves so I figured these could be put to good use, I was right. I know to a lot of people here this project will seem silly and to easy but I bet someone out there is looking for the very basics. Thanks for watching!
As one of first, very simple projects, I’m going to make some shelves in the bedroom closet (which is oddly shaped). So I have some newbie questions. I’m concerned about the smaller shelves to the right. These shelves will hold shoeboxes and folded clothing. I’m wondering if support is needed along the left side of the shelves. I don’t want to put L brackets since I think they’ll look ugly. There is the possibility of clamping a support mechanism to the near b...
Here’s my most boring time-lapse yet – sanding up the cabinet doors to flush the rails and stiles, and prepare it for finishing. Speaking of… something I’d heard whispered around here a few times came to mind the other day while trying to get extremely gummy stickers off the maple I used in this project: mineral spirits. It says right on the can “for cleaning surfaces in preparation for painting.” I wiped some on, and just like goop-off, the sticker goo wip...
I had to make some holes for shelf supports in the entertainment unit I am making, so I set up the Torque Workcentre ...I used the travel limiting stops on the Y axis… marked the distance on the sides of the boards…. locked the X axis …marked the back fence in line with the router bit… I used a spiral upcut 8 mm bit…moved the router to the backstop on the arm and drilled a hole them moved the router forward to the stop and drilled another hole… moved the ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1560 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1585 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 275 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries