A simple 2×4 and plywood work table. Easy to build. http://youtu.be/aujUjjXDPKA
They’re done. All 256 of them. I rethought and then reconfigured the jig a bit so I could keep the same reference surface when drilling both ends of the “rungs”. It went very quickly: That was the very first one and it took a little under a minute. 32 of them took a little under a half hour. Next I had to drill the mating holes in the stiles. I rebuilt the jig from the same parts, marked up the pieces, and started drilling: With some trepidation, I dry fit tw...
Hi all… I just thought I’d jump in and start posting a few pictures of my current project. I’m not a seasoned woodworker by ANY means, though I’ve always secretly held a desire to learn woodworking. I live with my wife and son sharing a house with her parents. They were originally supposed to move out and let us take over the house, but when their project to buy a new house became a project to buy some empty land to “someday maybe” build a house on,...
The wooden brackets. My daughter Janna needs additional shelves in the dorm to be attached in a concrete wall. There are 3 objectives: 1) The shelves has to be individually installed in a convenient space (the dorm is too small and has very limited space. 2) There is a need that it will be removed later when you need to transfer from other rooms. (Actrually we are only renting the dorm while Janna is taking Dentistry course 3 years to go from now). 3) Easy to instal...
A while ago I made a customized shelf/desk for my church’s office, and some time later I made this spine desk which is a knock off of a commercially available one. (You can click on the photos below to see the project page for each one.) But now they’ve rearranged the office and instead of the spine desk, that person wants a booster desk to go on her desktop. Plus the person I made the shelf/desk for wants something else as well. I don’t mind the changing needs i...
So, it is time for my boys to get their own room. They are getting too big for their cribs, and I need to finish that spare bedroom for them so they can have their own space. We have a small cape cod home, originally 4 bedrooms when we moved in, but we made it 3, creating a master bedroom downstairs by combining the 2 smaller rooms. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, shaped like a plus symbol, and a small half bath (currently unusable as well). The bath will be a project for another day...
So, in response to my previous post – I’m only working on the right side of the closet design and I only have 6 shelves at the moment instead of 7. The wood I ended up getting was “Whitewood” which seems to be some kind of spruce or pine. It’s pretty light and soft. I got it because it was pretty cheap and the width was perfect so I didn’t have to do any ripping. I did end up getting a circular saw but there was a massive snow storm so I had to work indo...
I sold my old lumber storage solution which was… inelegant, to put it lightly. I am purposely storing this set of lumber outside, half because I ran out of room in my indoor storage, but also to have a bit of weathered wood handy, should the need arise. I went simple with this, using some pallet runners, I bored some holes at a slight angle ever so slightly undersized for the conduit pieces I had prepared as shelf supports. I then attached the wood brackets to the wall and hammered in...
This is a recap of a project I did almost 2 years ago, but wanted to post it online and just got around to it now. My Wife and I have a room in our basement that was partially finished by the previous owners of our home. For the first year and a half that we owned the house the room had a dartboard, an XBox and TV, a futon and about a dozen boxes of books. The walls were already sheet rocked and painted, carpet was installed and there was even an attempt at a tray ceiling with a small ceil...
I’m finally finished, but I’ve fallen behind in the blog description. Biscuits for the uprights:Each upright “leg” consists of a 1×3 and a 1×2 joined at a right angle with a small shadow line. Biscuits seemed like the right method: Then I did a dry fit: Everything went together well enough, so I decided to glue up the “ladder” sides. Although I tend to prefinish everything before gluing, I decided it would be too time-consuming to pr...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1795 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 116 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1820 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 242 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 211 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries