Overview Even with the boat painted, there are lots of little projects to complete to make it “operational.” One of those is to build a custom set of oars. I could buy a set for $46 at Gander Mountain, but that wouldn’t do! I purchased very helpful oar plans from Chesapeake Light Craft. The smallest length for which the plans provided measurements was 6’. I determined that 5’ oars were plenty for this low boat and decided to modify their plans to suit my ...
Here’s a little idea I had last night, & decided to work out a way I could do it. It’s a Fully Off Axis Stemmed Goblet, where the whole of the stem is a half inch (13mm) off set from the cup & the base. To do this, I roughed to round, formed the cup, hollowed out (leaving the walls rather thicker than usual) & finished the inside & outside of the cup. (I should have also finished the shoulder of the stem section too…I’ll know for next time!) I then ...
Hi, Just read about this mobile woodshop. I think this is a great idea to keep kids engage and keep interest in the trade alive in the younger generation. This is a great idea. http://willieswoodshop.com/ Insert from his website… Welcome to Willie’s Woodshop Since 1985, Stephen Willner (Willie) has been working in a classroom and credentialed by state of California , teaching basic woodworking skills to children. He is now moving to his classroom to a converted ...
Hello everyone, an extremely humid day today with around 82% humidity and 95 the high temp, but somehow the spirit of an evening of creating was to be had….lol. My shop has little more than a fan or heater….so this was going to get warm…lol This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a while now. I have always enjoyed the extreme creativity of the Rennaissance period and I thought it would be a real challenge and adventure to have a go at my version of a trestle ...
Well friends, it has been one cold temperature spell the last few weeks here in my shop as you may have realized from past blogs. I finally got a chance to tend back to my main project, something new to me as I have never created a seat of any kind before. I have found the process a lot to learn regarding proper pitch/splay when boring in the legs. It is really nothing all that complicated all the while nothing to get careless with either. Soon the time approached for me to address my i...
Here is the second half of how to make your calls a little more custom. Thanks to everyone that took time to watch and please hit the like button if it helped. Sleeviing an Echo Insert PT 2
Hey everyone, the contest has been going well and we have had entries from all over being submitted. There is still time to enter the contest and win some great prizes from Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, Laguna Tools, Woodworkers guild of America, A Simple Design of Ocala and the United Federation of Woodworkers. The Contest ends December 3rd, 2012. Here is a look at the contest entries to date.
Ok, I have this sliding door that just wouldn’t slide smoothly through the slot in the wood! Grrr, this was a problem. It can’t work like this. There must be a better way. I was making sawdust pushing it in and out and that can’t be good… the slot – there’s two btw… The plans were none to clear, in fact they call for a wooden dowel. How long would that last before wearing out? So, I opted for the smooth shank on a 1/4” wood bolt. Hacked t...
Today started pretty much like most days do…. a couple of cups of coffee then its off to see what I can get into.As I was drinking the first cup, the eyes started opening up and I began to think about the Gator stock. By the second cup I was wide awake and off I went.The air compressor is fully charged and the Shofu rotary tool is serviced and ready as well. I began by stripping the rest of the finish off of the emblem so I could detail it. After all the finish was removed I then detail...
Well I have a fully functioning Layout Compass now :D. All that is left is to do the shaping of the legs and some purtification of them. I am still working out the details of the purtification but in the end they should be pretty purty lol. All the pieces laid out with epoxy curing on the pins.. So today was filled with frustration and epoxy and a lot of brass dust. It started with cleaning up the mortise that the arc goes through and embedding the head of a copper rivet into the...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1580 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1605 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 197 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries