Well I have a fully functioning Layout Compass now :D. All that is left is to do the shaping of the legs and some purtification of them. I am still working out the details of the purtification but in the end they should be pretty purty lol. All the pieces laid out with epoxy curing on the pins.. So today was filled with frustration and epoxy and a lot of brass dust. It started with cleaning up the mortise that the arc goes through and embedding the head of a copper rivet into the...
Howdy everyone, I thought I’d post a few projects that I’ve had to put on the back burner for a while. The first one is on the back burner simply because I’m not sure what to do with it! If you folks have any ideas on what to do with it, I’d love to hear it! This is a solid oak hand hewn barn beam that is about 5 or so feet tall. I don’t want to make a bench out of it. I think it should be a centerpiece someday. I’d make a manltle but I don’t ...
Hey everyone,I am in need of some help! I am writing a book called “The Burl Hunter”. I am looking for interested people who are willing to read as I write to help me out. I am not a great writer but I love to teach. What I would like to do is get about 5 people to read and critique the book. Even edit my grammar. I would like 2 people who know about burls just to keep me in check and 3 to just read to learn and see how it flows. I need your input. It is a book that will g...
Hey friends, back from some sawdust and shavings with an updated installment of the tool tote build. Hope all is well out there in LJ’s land….it’s been a wild week from the get go over here on the farm for sure…..but had some time and pics from recent and last week as well to make an updated blog of the tote progress. I wanted to have a cool, unique and yet old school piece on this tote that had to follow the simple and humble parameters of…...duribilty, funct...
What, no spoons you might be thinking…lol. Well of course not for it is time to get grooving with our Woodrights Galoot Library! No matter what you do sometimes the wood has made up it’s mind on how well it will work for the job. In this episode the old box store pine was what I call a bit “Bitchey”,.....not sawing so well, and especially not up for me having an easy go of dadoing the inner sides. The tools were all plenty sharp but the wood was just a little tough and sappy this tim...
this is the 4th year I have made Christmas tree ornaments, and given them to the elementry schools in my area. This year was one of the most gratifications I had ever recieved. The ladies in the School office insisted I go around to esch class and give them out. I got the idea from my younger Grand Kiids. These are about 3” – 6” tall, blanks, and ready for the kids to paint them as they want. each year the kids get more and more greatful for them and write me cards from each...
This is the template we used.The frame is 3 pcs. of 3/4” ash glued together. We cut out the center piece first then glue on an out side layer.Can never have enough clamps.This is what it will look like. Now we cut that last layer on the inverted pin router.This is what it looks like after all three layers are cut.Here is one out of two frames cut with the axles inserted.Here are the steps for the bed.Next we cut the other frame and sand it all up.
Since early fall we have been swamped in the shop and still have not gotten caught up from Christmas. Our inventory is depeleted and we are trying to get items instock as well as work on a few custom orders. Here is a rough form piece of juniper that we will make into a coffee table that will have a rock slab for a top. Once this is finished it will be shipped to Norway.
Well folks, 160 dowel holes later, I’m ready to call it quits. I don’t mind hard work, but repetition drives me crazy! Here is a snapshot of some of those dowel holes…Now, notice the markings on the end grain. This is important to me so that I don’t keep having to second guess myself when I am putting things together. I have those pieces marked ‘L’ or ‘R’ for left or right and numbered from top to bottom. I mark all the pieces on the right ...
This is my attempt at a book box.Made with mahogany and pine. For the inlay I just used the table saw to make the grove.The hinges have taken up the most time but are very rewarding once they work properly. I will update the project as it progresses with photos.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1511 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1535 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 253 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 187 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 165 entries