My next request…Build a shadowbox in the form of the old Hap Arnold Air Force wings. Ideas are welcome!
So I was asked to build this as a retirement shadowbox. Any ideas on how it’s going to turn out? How would you build it?
Hy Fellow Lumber Jocks and Guests. Here are a few pictures with 2 coats of the Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain American Walnut. I like the way it coats and provides a uniform color. Still more work to do on the table with fine sanding before the clear is applied.Please contact me through this post or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like a table like this, one you saw on the internet, or have another design in mind. This one is based on a picture my client provided. T...
Here’s my first attempt at video recording my work. I’ll add more videos and images as the project progresses. This is another customer request. It will be made of Solid Oak for the Star and Stripes and the dark lines will be Mahogany. The center will be stretched to creat an are for the flag to fit in and other metals. Thanks for looking! http://youtu.be/AyXemPePmvs
A new request came to me from a member of the Pentagon to build a retirement shadowbox from the image of the Master Pilot functional badge. So here goes…
Here’s an easy shadow box that may give you an opportunity to use some of that fancy wood you’ve been saving. I used a 2’ zerbrawood board. The rest is MDF. The light cost me 4 bucks.
Have begun construction on a shadow box for my retirement. First step – think out all the angles, grooves, dados, joints etc. and put the concept to paper. Scale helps to figure out exactly what the angles are and can help to see what might and might not work. As with any plan, once the actual work begins, the plan will often change to be either more doable or possible. Decided to build a shadow box for a 5’ x 8’ US flag in a doghouse pattern. Looked at several sites f...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1696 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 92 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 69 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1721 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 403 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 287 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 232 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 204 entries
- robscastle - 196 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 191 entries
- Dave Rutan - 191 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries