As I said yesterday, it was our day to go to Digby to visit our dear friends Ellen and Bernie and their daughter Cindy and have a nice dinner. Cindy needed to work on Sunday, so our plans were postponed for a day and pushed into Monday. One of the great things about working for myself is that my schedule is flexible like that. Most of the time I am able to shift things around when something like that comes up and we don’t miss out on anything. The key there though is that we need ...
What an extremely productive weekend I had! It isn’t always that I can claim that so I am pretty darn proud of all that I accomplished over the last couple of days. It feels good to work hard and actually see some physical results of that work right in front of you. That isn’t always the case. There are many times when I seem to work hard and even though every minute of the day is spent ‘doing something’ there is little to show for it. But this week, it will be a bo...
I spent the day yesterday working on the final version of bunnies. This version is once again a silhouette, but it is going to be painted using a couple of nice techniques. I spent the afternoon working on the base coating and I used some crackle medium to give them a crackled finish. In the past, I have used the crackle medium with a dark under coat so that the crackles really stand out. This time however, I decided to use the bright pastel colors underneath for a more subtle effect. I a...
The weekend was wonderfully productive. While I certainly could add “Grossly underestimates the time it takes to do things” to my resume, I still accomplished a great deal. Last week I was working on some little bunny ornaments. I am excited about them because I had four distinctly different versions of them hopping around in my head. I didn’t know which ones to actually make, so I made the decision to make them ALL. After all, who’s to say that there is a limit ...
As promised, I gave my little bunnies a new look with a dash of some pretty pastel colors. I had mentioned that when I cut these little guys out the other day that I stacked them, so I got double the mileage out of my cutting time. The wood used here is 3/16” maple. That makes it an ideal project to stack-cut. I attached the two layers of wood using hot melt glue in the waste areas of the corners and the added thickness gave me a lot more control when cutting these precise swirls....
I am rather in a hurry this morning because I have a great amount of things that I want to accomplish today. Among them is to get the pattern packet ready and put up on the site for the bunny ornaments that I showed yesterday. I was very pleased (and a little surprised) with the great amount of responses I received regarding these little guys, and I am thrilled because I really love them too. So without further delay, below are the pictures of them “dressed up” (just a bit!) ...
Alright everyone – get your minds out of the gutter. It gets to be rather hard thinking up over 900 unique blog titles that would peak your interest. If you are reading this far than I have done my job. And all of my bunnies are definitely ‘naked’. So we’re good. Yesterday was a day that I suppose I could call a ‘banner day.’ It was one of those days when lots of things happened, I was terribly busy, but I accomplished a great deal. Although it was d...
I had a good day yesterday finishing up my new snowflake candle tray and getting some instructions written. I know the tray looked finished yesterday, but I wanted to see how it would look with a little tint and – yes – some sparkles added to it. I was certainly not disappointed. I had purposely used ash to cut the tray because of its light color. While maple can be light in color like the ash, I find that sometimes the grain is very nondescript and when I use stain or color...
I had a nice relaxing day of cutting yesterday. Among other things, I finished cutting out the pieces to my new snowflake candle tray. Everything went well, except if I were to do it again I would make sure that I left a bit more waste area on some of the smaller snowflakes so that they would be easier to handle on the scroll saw. More than once the blade grabbed the wood and it started me when it slammed it on the table. Nothing broke however and my reaction was quick, but I am not used...
I kind of had a change in plans yesterday. It was one of those ‘flexibility’ things that I was talking about that happens. But it was a good thing and one of the best parts of being your own boss and being on deadline with the things that you need for everything else means that you can switch things up rather quickly without too much of an issue. Early in the day I received an order for several of the painting kits that we offer. We usually keep a couple of each of the kits ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1182 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1204 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 387 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- MsDebbieP - 299 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 292 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- mafe - 201 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- shipwright - 158 entries
- scottb - 144 entries