I had quite a busy day yesterday. It was one of those days when I had planned to have a quiet day of writing instructions for my two latest designs so that we can do a site update tomorrow (Wednesday). It has been a fabulous week. I truly can't believe how nice things are going. It seems that all the 'feelers' that I put out in the past several months and all the seeds that I have planted are really beginning to pay off. And there are many more things that I have planned as ...
Blades breaking seem to be a problem for new scrollers, these two videos should help explain why this happens and how to prevent it. Click Here for “Why Scroll Saw Blades Break” Video Click Here for Blade Installation Animated video I would love to hear your questions and comments.
I will keep things short here today because I have writing to do. I know I promised that the reindeer and sleigh pattern would be ready today, and it may be later on, but I probably won't really have everything done, including the site update, until tomorrow (Thursday). Sometimes things just take longer than expected. I will say though that the pattern will really be a nice one. I spent the day yesterday working on the 26 step-by-step photos that I will include with it. That is ...
I spent the day yesterday finishing up the remaining three poses of reindeer for my reindeer and sleigh vignette. Now all I need to do is assemble the two additional deer pattern packets and also the sleigh packet and I will be good to go. I had estimated that the sanding and assembly of the three deer would take half the day, and I planned to take the other half to kind of coast and do some things around the house, or some of my personal creating, but as usual I grossly underestimated myself...
Sometimes good planning really does pay off. I am not saying that everything went 'without a hitch', but in the end, the build on my new Christmas sleigh worked out pretty well. I am really pleased with it. When 'building' three dimensional pieces such as these, to me it seems like there is so much more involved than just cutting fretwork. While the fretwork design is a really important part of the piece, on something like this, it is just that – a part – and ...
I thought I did pretty well yesterday. Besides getting a lot of little things done, I made pretty good progress on my new sleigh. I found a really nice piece of cherry to cut the main part of the sleigh, and I am going to use walnut for the runners. I think that the contrast will look good. By the time I finished all the drawing up and got everything prepped for cutting and did all my errands, it was later in the afternoon. Sometimes just 'every day stuff' takes a little time to ...
Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call to remind me that I had an eye doctors' appointment in Digby this morning. I must be getting old because I completely forgot about it. I also thought I set my Google reminders to remind me, but I guess I forgot that as well, or I did it wrong. In any case, I have to skeedaddle out of here today and it is supposed to be a beautiful and sunny day here in Nova Scotia. My sweetie thought it would be a great day to play "hookie" ...
I felt really good about things yesterday. After spending the day putting together the SLD475 Nevermore pattern packet and completing the newsletter and latest site update, I felt I finally could take a breath. It was around dinnertime by then, and after the roller coaster that we had been on for the past couple of weeks, it felt good to be (at least for the moment) caught up and allow myself to just 'be'. I had entertained the idea of working on some ornaments that I h...
And on the tool chest! Got up this morning, and got the lid out of the clamps. Had some clean up to do on it from squeeze outs. Couple of joints needed to be flatter. Marked out for some screw holes on the trim pieces, and checked the fit. Miter joints needed afine tuning. Screws were deep set. Might go back and add plugs…..someday. Both corners were looking good Just one side piece was a hair too long. Trimmed it to size. Glue and screws to fasten the trim i...
Life has thrown some pretty nasty hardballs at us this past year and a bit and my kids and I are starting to recover. We we’re sitting in our rec room (do people still call ‘em that? :-) and my daughter said it would be nice to have a coffee table in front of the TV. I’d been trying really hard to think of something we could all do together so I half jokingly said why don’t we build one. Lauren and Paul jumped on the idea. We got out the tape measure and use...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1599 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1624 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries