Well I finally finished what I had been working on for the past several days. At least “Phase 1” of the design – creating the first prototypes. I now feel pretty good about things and feel like I am able to move forward with other things. Designing painting patterns is a great deal different than designing woodworking patterns. When working on scrolling patterns, the bulk of the time is spent in the drawing. Once the computer work is done there are usually only some m...
The past couple of days have been truly busy. All of a sudden I went from being practically caught up with my designs to having several important deadlines looming over the next couple of weeks. I did not miss writing because I was slacking or taking time off, but rather I took the extra hour or so it requires for me to post to catch up on correspondence and emails and other things like that. I am sticking by my usual complaint of not being enough hours in the day to complete all I would lik...
I am happy to report that I was able to pretty much button up the design that I have been working on. For some reason, it took me a great deal of drawing to reach a design that I finally liked. I can’t for the life of me figure out why this happened. A couple of weeks ago, I drew several new designs in a row. It was as if they were just flowing from my pen with little effort. This design was so different. It took many tires of different things before I was able to finally settle on ...
It was a restless night. The wind was howling and gusting so loud that it was difficult to get a restful sleep. It is muggy out, but opening a window meant hearing the violent swirling of the wind through the trees as they complained with loud rustling and creaking. I would say that it is raining, but besides a sharp smattering here and there against the window between the blasts of wind, it does not appear to be so. The ground is only slightly wet and there are no large puddles. When the w...
This will be the final set of pictures of the new trays. When I showed this tray before, it was only oiled and had its natural maple color. While it was very pretty then, I wanted to add some color to it to brighten it up: When drawing this piece up, I thought that the border resembled a ribbon. The one part especially looked like a bow and I thought it made a nice base for the simple flowers. While I could have chosen any color of the rainbow, I thought it would look nice in...
I had a good day yesterday and I feel that I accomplished a great deal. My goal is to have all of the new patterns ready for the site update that we will do by the weekend. That gives me two more days of writing and editing photographs. I finished up my photos though yesterday, and that takes a bit of time to do. We had a beautiful spring-like day and the afternoon lighting is optimal for getting nice, clear pictures that have the truest color. For smaller items, I usually use the photo ...
I finally feel that I am getting caught up with things. My little crow and cart is all packed up and soon will be on its way to the offices of Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazine in New Jersey for the final photographs for the project article. I really hate to see him go, but I know that he will be back one day and I will feel just as excited about him as I did the other day when he was completed. I spent the past two days working on the pieces for another article that I am doing for ...
After two weeks of going full-steam just about every minute of the day, I am finding that I am coming down off of my adrenalin rush that I have been experiencing with all these new designs that I have created. It isn’t that I am out of ideas, or even that I have completely finished with these that I have before me, but I found yesterday that I was just kind of running out of steam. I spent the day working on the pieces for the article that I am doing for the magazine. The article is...
No job should be this much fun. I know I have said it before, and that some of you may think that I am exaggerating, but I find if anything, I tone it down. This past week and a half should be proof of that. In the last week and a half, I drew up seven new candle trays as well as a new project for the August issue of Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazine and pretty much got all the prototypes finished. I still have one more tray that I didn’t even really show you yet, but I wil...
Today I am just going to post a couple of pictures. I made good strides yesterday, and I can see the finish line in sight. Some of the pictures aren’t the best, but after everything is finished, I will be sure to get the lighting as good as I can and take some really nice ones. The first tray that I will show is the “Love, Hope and Faith” tray. I did this one in 1/2” ash and even though it is probably the simplest of this group of designs, I think it looks pretty...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1356 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 84 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1379 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 391 entries
- dbhost - 389 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 224 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 189 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 179 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 166 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- stefang - 154 entries