The sun just came up a short while ago and it looks like another day of warming and melting. Spring is definitely on its way. While most people like spring, I can’t say that it is my favorite time of year. To me, for the most part it is bleak and sloppy and muddy. At least at this point of time it is where I live. It is as if nature teases us with a hint of a warm and sunny day here and there, only to retreat back into the dull dreariness of winter. While I enjoy the winter season...
I didn't post this weekend because I was in the middle of several different projects. We are hoping to do our site update this week and I had some ideas for new scroll sawing patterns that I wanted to work on. I did that along with working on painting the first piece of furniture that Keith built for our reorganizing project. If you remember, the first piece was a printer stand that would also hold the bodies of our two computers and also the modem and router: Since this is ...
Yesterday I featured a sweet bunny basket and accessory pattern. I mentioned that it was just one of four new designs that I completed over the weekend. While I showed you some "snapshots" of the finished project, I spent the day taking what I call 'presentation photos' of all four projects. Having nice photos is really helpful when selling patterns. I find that people enjoy not only seeing nice, clear photos of what the pattern includes, but also likes suggestions of h...
I took the day off of blogging yesterday because I slept in a bit. By the time I awoke it was after 8:30 am (which is LATE for me!) and by the time I got through the morning mail, it was already rather late to begin writing. I figured since I was in 'recovery mode' from the previous weeks work, there wouldn't be much to miss anyway. The world would get along without me for a morning. ;) We spent a good part of the day updating the site. While Keith does most of the computer w...
I really enjoyed my first Japanese style lamp so I thought I would try another: It is a box style lamp called the Persimmon. I didnt really like the approach to joinery (all butt joints) for this lamp so I made a few alterations to include rabbeted edges. I also used a handle from another project because I liked the style more. Here is the general idea: Here are the general steps for this session: 1. Made the base from mahogany using miter joints2. Made handle from mahogany us...
I thought I’d share some pictures of some of my older projects. All made in the last 15 years. Scroll Saw Projects: Intarsia roses on wall sconces: I cut jigsaw puzzles for a while. This was one of the larger ones – 1,305 pieces, 24 X 36> A postage stamp cut into 16 pieces: I’ve done some lathe turnings: More of my pens may be seen at http://www.leecoga.com Kitchen update included new doors and drawer fronts with homemade beadboar...
Quick little project and it didn’t take long. Two items I wish I would have spent a little more time planning out before committing myself to cutting action…. 1. I got in a hurry on one of the stretchers and didn’t predrill the hole. So I had a little bit of blowout when driving the screw. 2. I changed my mind on the positioning after I drill a couple holes to house the base. Ummmm, next time I should probably think about that before putting a drill in my hand. Mino...
My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #266: Scrollgirl Sells Sea Shells in Saratoga Springs
Alright. I couldn’t resist the title. I suppose that I have sea shells on the brain. I spent the majority of the day yesterday once again preparing for the classes that I will be teaching a the show. With most of the scroll saw things lined up, that leaves the task of getting the painting items done and ready to go. Even though I have several weeks until I leave, I need to get this all in order and done because I have to order the paint and line up the brushes and all of that. ...
Hi EveryoneWell , after about 40 hours of cutting and fitting and redesigning , I finally got the “Eagle’s Realm” intarsia project complete. Took about 3 hours today to glue in all 175 pieces and apply 2 coats of spray on satin poly.The biggest hurdle was getting the depth in the background but I got it, Whew that was tough!!! Woods used—Walnut, Holly, Spalted Beech, Spalted Sycamore, Yellowheart, Ebony, Fishtail Oak, Poplar, Lignum Vitae, Purpleheart, Afromosia, Vera ...
This morning when I sat down here at my spot at my computer, ready to do the mail, my little cat Pancakes hopped right up here and snuggled in. He had greeted me with cooing and 'chirps' this morning and I was heating up my coffee – more enthusiastic than usual. Perhaps it is because he 'knows' that I made some cinnamon shortbread cookies last night and he knows me well enough to remember that I may steal one to have with my coffee for breakfast. He loves cookies and see...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1726 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1751 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 205 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries