This is my first blog and I hope it will go over well. This sander was inspired by models on the Internet but mostly by Blake: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/7641 and by Bob: http://lumberjocks.com/Bob3418/blog. I would like to thank them both for their posts. Without them this project would have been very difficult to complete. Concept: My intentions are to make a 20” +/- wide drum sander that will easily switch from thickness to surface sanding. I would like to be able to reduce stoc...
I have finally finished cutting the frame profiles. I decided to make a bunch of small frames, rather than just one. I really like framing, but boy am I dreading the mitering and glue up! But before getting into the mitering (next blog entry), I wanted to show off some of the profiles. The first two pictures are of the frame I took from the plans on the American Woodworker website. I really enjoyed doing that one. I already tried once on a cove frame I cut, a...
I’ve finally had some off of work to get back to this project. I finished the sliding dovetail drawer slides. Hopefully they’ll operate smoothly when I put slippit on them. Their motion is a little rough for now. The pictures show some of the details of construction that aren’t evident in the previous dry fit pictures. These pictures are post-sanding. I sanded every thing with 150, then 220, and then 320 grit. I then vacuumed off all the dust and wiped it all down w...
I have been looking around and I have found the perfect sign that i want to make. I will use a 6’‘X2’ peice of cedar and carve ”Love Shack” on it then I will paint the inside with a glossy black paint!!!!
This time around in our time lapse woodworking series I’m sanding a pair of Canadian Black Walnut panels that will be assembled into a frame and panel. The panels have been re-sawed out of a 2’’ thick board to allow for a beautiful book match, I showed the process in the previous video Re-sawing 2’’ thick Canadian Black Walnut I first start out with 220 sandpaper on our festool RO150, then to 320, 400, 500 and finally a sheep wool pad to burnish and pull out...
The huge mesquite tree in my grandmothers front yard died last summer and they cut it down. One week later I got it and cut it up into boards. It has been dried properly and these were there before I got to the tree. I want to use this for my sons toybox but I would like to fill in or hide these. I have used CA before and would perfer not to use it on this. I have a ton of this wood and this is just a sample of some of the boards.
In September, I started coming up with ideas for my wife’s Christmas present. The short of it is—I haven’t finished it yet. Fortunately, it was a minor part of all that I was getting/making her, so she didn’t go without this Christmas. Part of my problem is that I’m still a greenhorn and purpleheart is a jerk to work with. Tearout, checking, and pitting is something I’ve had to deal with non-stop. For the past two weeks, my shop (no heating) has been bel...
http://charlesneilwoodworking.com/project_store.php Note there are other free videos available at this link for other projects.This is worth checking out. Videos on build projects and pdf files with patterns for some.I also siigned up for his weekly paid program when it first started and have learned much and enjoyed having a woodworking show to watch each week with details, not just highlighting a project.
I have to reduce my time in dealing with geometrical design last holiday seasons due to some domestic appointments and household projects. However, my mind is pre-occupied on to continue different design concepts using a rhumboid. I think it is time to recover from the LONG GAPS and so here I am back again to what I started. This time, I do design and do it in flesh as soon as I have the chance. Pyramid came up when I accidentally cut a rhumboid the other way around. Instead of a 60 deg...
I’m now looking at putting in ducting for my new shop. I know it is a bit early considering I may only get occupation by the 1st April 2011.I’m hoping to have the DC and power points fitted prior to moving in the machines.I’ve found a great 10” x 2” plastic section. It also comes in 4” x 2” To me this seems better than using round:It is easy to make junctionsInspection traps would be easierIt takes up very little space So my question to the know...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1752 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Toy costruction - 86 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1777 entries
- dbhost - 428 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 250 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 218 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 192 entries