Taking final measurements before cutting the axles Fitting the trunk in the back. Axles cut and fitted. The bed surround is not that heavy, two people can lift and move it. front view. We started to make the front seat. The next set of pictured will be the finished project. .
I had three planes, mainly from two rust hunts. A Dunlap, with red handles That i decided to strip the red off of. Two others were in need of the “Works” handles stripped, one tote repaired, irons sharpened back up. All manner of rust removed. Ok, “Velcommen to Mein Dungeon” This little machine does a lot of removal work, weather it is rust on a plane’s side Rust on an iron Stripping a finish off a knob Note that ugly brush laying ther...
Well it has been some time that I worked on this table but there are things that have priority when you work for a living .I have installed the outside veneer on both halves of the base and started today with the inside veneer . The iron seemed the biggest obstacle and as I mentioned previously using a heat gun as a alternative got nixed because of the expense involved .I designed a round sheet metal base for the iron using some thin sheet metal with steel wool inside to give it a flex...
Here’s the top before any of this started. After dis-assembly of the top from the base, jointing the edges, re-gluing, re-attaching, scraping and re-re-re-finishing (thanks again, Andy!), this table got the fifth and final coat of 3-2-1 and is DONE. Now to find a place for it in the house, because it’s too nice to sit in the shop! Thanks for looking.
Ron sanding the frame. Bill jumped in to help sand the frame.The frame has 1/2” round over inside and out except for where the axles go.More sanding.And… more sanding.And… more sanding. I hate sanding. A dry fit to see how it all looks together.We already sent the wheels to the painters shop.Wish we had the wheels here.The axles have a 1/16” gap all the way around the support to allow for expansion and contraction.It’s late Saturday night and there in one more ...
This is the template we used.The frame is 3 pcs. of 3/4” ash glued together. We cut out the center piece first then glue on an out side layer.Can never have enough clamps.This is what it will look like. Now we cut that last layer on the inverted pin router.This is what it looks like after all three layers are cut.Here is one out of two frames cut with the axles inserted.Here are the steps for the bed.Next we cut the other frame and sand it all up.
Well friends, it has been one cold temperature spell the last few weeks here in my shop as you may have realized from past blogs. I finally got a chance to tend back to my main project, something new to me as I have never created a seat of any kind before. I have found the process a lot to learn regarding proper pitch/splay when boring in the legs. It is really nothing all that complicated all the while nothing to get careless with either. Soon the time approached for me to address my i...
I STILL dont think I’ve got this whole multi-part blog thingy figured out yet. So here I am trying to see if I can actually make a “part 2” ... which should actually be part 3 or 4. Anyhooo…. I did manage to finally build my shop made disc sander. YEA ME! On the first attempt I was using a like-new Baldor 110v / 1725rpm motor but unfortunately I realized it was less than a quarter-horsepower, so it was WAAAY underpowered. In just trying to sand the edge of the ...
This is what the completed bed will look like. These are the spokes for the 48” back wheels. This is the rim for the front wheels. These are the front wheels. Front and back wheels. The radius at the bottom of the spokes was cut on the table saw by locking down the miter gauge and pushing the wood into the blade from the side and it was done in 4 passes. We used an 8” dado blade. This is the back of the wheel where the axle will go into Ne...
I have been busy working and my daughter has ben busy with school, so we haven’t had much time to spend on this. We have made some progress though. A little each week. She has cut and shapeed the handles with the router. Finished all the doors. She sprayed the whole thing down with strong tea to add tannins to the pine. We used this ammonia. We sealed it in the shower with the ammoina overnight. We pulled it out and looked at it. I was pleased. ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1197 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 66 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1219 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries