to make my routing work environment more enjoyable i added a few different dust collection systems to my router table. as well as showing the fence that i made for it. first I’ll start off with the fence. it has a 2” opening that goes up high about 3 1/2” to allow for higher bits. so the fence is about 6 inches high for maximum support. and about 2 inches longer than the router table on both sides for maximum work piece support on both the infeed and outfeed sides. so here i...
alright so now everything except for the fence is put together and it is looking awesome. i added the apron and plugged all my holes with birch plugs just for the looks and i put on a coat of poly just to make the birch plugs turn brown because they are end grain so it looks cool, no other reason. i am planning on making the fence and also some form of dust collection and some storage for router bits and a couple other things. maybe even put some French cleats there. so here is a video...
The results from my last blog entry are in and it looks like the next Alum cover art I will be burning is Dragonforce’s Inhuman Rampage. I’ve been busy lately with my own band having me as the guitarist and lead vocals and a keyboardest Matt Severance and drummer Garrett Toner. But our little three man group is coming along nicely. My next burning will be on maple and will be on the projects section in about a week. Comments, Ideas, requests, questions are welcome. Pat ...
Well i got a good amount done today but not as much as i would have hoped. first i cut the slots for the t-tracks that will secure the fence. i ordered it and i don’t have it yet so i figured that i would cut the slots now so i can attach the router table to the saw and when i get the t-tracks just pop them in. now that everything having to do with the torsion box is completed (including the router being mounted, sorry no pictures) i will turn my attention to the legs. i just too...
well unfortunately i will not be able to have the table saw station that i was hoping for but a router table is something i need so i am making one on the side of my table saw. i started by cutting down all the MDF with my cousin pat’s (Anthrax) help. then i started putting the torsion box together. it is all based on where the bolts are for my table saw and in the center fitted for the rockler plate that i am planning on getting in the future just i don’t have the money now. so h...
It’s been three weeks since I started my Album cover art series. You’ve seen me woodburn Eddie and the metal monsters of Iron Maiden and you saw Colonel Claypool and the Primus crew. But now I want to hear from you lumberjocks what record album cover do you want me to woodburn. If you have an idea of your own you can certainly comment it or you could choose some I listed. 1. AC DC2.Dragonforce3.Aerosmith4.Rush
I’ve been busy making the parts fit sanding and then staining with Red Mahagony….Lyptus turned out darker than I imagined but it is cool.. The bread boards were also Lyptus but a darker hue.. so the contrast was fine.The Box joints were cut using an Incra jig as did David M… and I cut another set with traditional hand saw as my instructor wanted.. I can’t tell the difference. Splines on the breadBoards were tricky as the dado blade does not account for warpage and mi...
next on my adventure to emulate the Greene Bros “Gamble House” Entry Table.After laminating all the leg parts and sawing them on the band saw, I made templates of the dimensions so that I could cut matching rails and cross members the exact same size. One of my many lessons in my brief time as a wood worker … make templates and try things on scraps before cutting expensive wood.Next I band sawed the upper and lower rails with the famous Greene and Greene cloud lift pattern....
I thought I would try my hand at writing a blog here. This is a totally different way for me as far as patterns go. I am used to a pattern that is on a sheet of paper the size the object will be when done. and then you make copies and cut out the pieces of the paper pattern and place them on your wood. This pattern came like this.One sheet of paper NOT actual size.Then the pattern itself IS in pieces you need at the size they are suppose to be. When I first started this, a couple days ago, I ...
This has been a very satisfying project. First I can do the work, and second I learned a lot new things. Cutting out the arc for the rockers was a new process for me. But, I found that I can do it. I didn’t do them perfect, but they will be the next time because I now have the confidence to do it. Doing new things on each of the power and hand tools now boosts my confidence to try something new and more difficult. So, if you are new to the hobby you can do bigger and better things if yo...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1368 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 84 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1391 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 393 entries
- dbhost - 389 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 228 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 190 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 180 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 166 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- stefang - 158 entries