So I had to wait another day after re glueing my palm box back together. After I got the clamps and tape off, this is what I was faced with. I don’t like sanding glue. Ok, one step back, now two steps forward. After Re sanding the lid, several times, I have everything attached and working again. There is still a hair line fracture visible after the clean up. The lid is working much better. It even stops halfway back instead of flopping all the way open. I...
My father-n-law sent me his BB gun stock for practice. Although the wood in these stocks are very soft it had its challenges nevertheless.After scribing the design on the stock I began to carve inside the banner area to relieve it so the banner looks correct and raised.After that i began on the banner itself, relieving the outter edge and making the folds more apparentThen I started stippling the area that was relieved inside the banner. Finally it was time to start on the gator and releave ...
Sisters table has broken legs. It is a shame really as it is pretty old table and still pretty good nick. After looking at it best we can do is glue and the try and brace the base a bit more. Now big sis wants to sand whole table back and redo just to spruce up. Now we all love wood, but her house has heaps of natural wood showing and with the table, it actually becomes to much so she is thinking of … eeeek painting it. (shock horror I know, but I actually on this occasion agree with her, ...
I make simple boxes, mostly of cedar with poplar inlays. There are many fine ways to make boxes and this is about the simplest. I make them 11”x8”x2 1/2” deep with hinged lid. 8” is my limit of the width of wood so anything over that will have a splice in it, which I avoid doing. I start by planeing and re-sawing the 1” thick rough eastern red cedar to 3/8” thickness on my band saw. I then cut strips to 2 1/4” to form the sides ...
Today I finished my miter saw station upgrade for now. I added a hood around the saw and ran dust collection hoses for the saw and the OSS sander. Dust Shroud T fitting with blast gate for the saw. The blast gate mounts up underneath the drop down bench and then it extends to the edge of the bench so I can access it from the front The tee branches off throught the bench and to the sander. This is a bad picture but you can see at the top is the dust collector ...
If this comes out right the first picture is the plywood disc glued and screwed to the pulley. After running for several hours the disc came unglued so I drilled and tapped the pulley. The second picture is another view of the pulley and disc. This next picture shows the screws counter sunk through the Velcro. I included a picture of the single screw that keeps the bucket from turning. I had to put tape on the lid to keep it on. I found this out when I went to check on the ...
I liked the bead sander posted by Filinvested. And I came across a old blender that I considered using but it was too small . I had a old 1/2” shaft motor 1/2”x 2” pulley with one flat side -$6. 5” plywood circle Velcro from a craft store $10. A yard Found plastic bucket Found Pyrex lid that happened to fit my bucketI cut some foam to line the inside of the bucket and fill in the small gap between the plywood and bucket wall...
Well, I didn’t get the Worksharp 2000 for Christmas so in Lumberjock fashion I made my own. I did get a new set of the Stanley Sweetheart chisels (review to come) and needed a way to sharpen them. I was going to just bite the bullet and go purchase a workshop but with the latest reviews from Stumpy and others I had some great ideas to work with. Some how I ended up with two Delta 5” disc sanders so I decided to upgrade one. So first things first, I removed all the accessories ...
Been a bit slack and well christmas and all that no excuse… anyway both speakers now glued and set, the back piece is not yet glued in, so we can assemble the wiring to the actual speakers when finished etc. Clamps are off and the long slow timely process of sanding to get them loooking good. This will also hide any inperfections of our glue up… Doh Have taped newspaper over speaker faces to protect them the best we can, so no dust can get in anyway. Also have done the same to ...
http://youtu.be/1hzSLhlEjBY Building a hopechest out of pecan and cherry wood. Chest is 16 in. wide by 34 in. long by 19 in. high. Poly finish.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1767 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Toy costruction - 93 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1792 entries
- dbhost - 430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 226 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Dave Rutan - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 198 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries