Several years ago, I built a simple work table as a table saw outfeed table. It quickly became my do it all table. It is made out of 2×4’s and two pieces of 1/2 inch cd plywood which I had stored out in my shed. Fast forward to the present time. Lately I have gotten a renewed interest in woodworking. I have been doing some type of carpentry since the 70’s when I was helping my dad build pole barns. After my dad passed away, I was given his Craftsman table saw (circa 197...
Part 2 Today I got the top finished and routed the hole for the inserts.I chose a square hole in the top to make the production of inserts simpler. Setting up the CNC for cutting Here is a video of the cutting on my CNC (Not specially interesting, but mabye for some) Then it is time for some dry testing of the movements And finally the first test. I only had 1 drum with 180 grit paper finished, so it did not remove to much material, and I did not get the ch...
Well, I have never blogged in my soon to be 40 yrs, so, I am stepping into new grounds here.I have a couple of project posts here on LJ of homemade tools and such.I am really into woodworking, and have been kind of since I was a kid.No serious woodworking until the past 3-4 yrs.but over the years i have made some furniture for nephews and nieses, and some for me.Kribs, rocking horses, high chairs, entertainment centers shelves and so on.Finally getting my own place and my own mancave in t...
Welcome back and again sorry for taking so long to get this post out. After my hand healed I was really backed up on some other projects. I’m almost caught up and will post some of those projects on my page in the next couple of days. When we left off we had all the sanding done and are ready for staining and finishing. I’m making two of these frogs, one that will need staining and one out of exotic wood so everyone can participate in this project. We will go over staining next. I’m...
The end date for my Dad’s auction is a little less than a week away (June 25). Every time I look at listing on the auction sight I can’t believe how much stuff there is. I said in my first blog about this auction that “all” his tools and remaining stock of lumber was up for sale. That isn’t quite true my brother and I have kept a few tools and a stock of wood for our own use in years to come. But it’s hard to believe that what we have kept is maybe a fourth...
I’ve made a lot of progress on this project, but I’ve been so busy since the kids got out of school for the summer, that I haven’t had much computer time lately to update my blog. Here I have the three piece legs glued up and I’m testing the fit of the tenons. In this photo, I’ve finished the sanding all the parts, have the tenons glued into the legs, and have the panels installed. Now they are starting to look like planters. One of the changes I ma...
As always the number one tool for any woodworker is the space he or she use’s for his/her wood shop. I have been blessed with a wonderful space to use and wanted to share it with all my LJ friends. This shop was actual started in December of 2011 ( the month I retired from my other career ) and I am now just getting it where it needs to be. The photos taken are after a open house I held at the farm to show off the shop and discuss woodworking with some local craftsmen. N...
Hi everyone, Here’s a Maloof Inspired Shoe Bench built a while back, but the templates and instruction booklet are now available. This one was built from Bubinga, which made it a bit heavier than normal, but will probably outlast my grandkids. Quite a fun little project, especially my favorite part….the handles. Enjoy!
Quick picture update for anyone following this father’s day gift builds. I put the bottom of the bench together this morning before Tom and I went to the pool for the afternoon. Tomorrow I need to put the braces on the legs as well as put the back on it. I should have time because my wife is going to a concert with her friend so it will be just Tom and I tomorrow night. I have it sanded already to 150 grit and only need to hand sand it 220 to remove the pigtails before I spray it with spar va...
Two months in, progress has been made, but of course, not as fast as I would of liked. Figuring out the motors and drives has been the most difficult part of this project. I have been trying to keep the out of pocket cost as low as I could, and provide the power and control that a sander project of this magnitude needs. I had ordered a 2hp 1ph motor on ebay, but that fell through when the motor was damaged by UPS. Since then, what I stumbled upon was a motor controller that uses 220v ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1831 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1856 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 266 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries