It has been a long time since I started this blog and I thought I would have gotten to this stage a lot earlier. After my last posting I had to stay out of the shop for a while due to trouble with one of my feet the resulted in my having to have surgery so that set me back quite a bit. Then as I was trying to finish the board I was using my 16-32 drum sander and could not get the board to come out flat. No matter what I did it had a rock from corner to corner. I would take the machine apart a...
OK. Going to start a new blog here. As some of you may know, a few years ago I built a very extensive cabinet / router table / Infeed Table / Outfeed Table for my Sawstop contractor’s saw. The blog is located here: Sawstop Cabinet Blog And the completed project is located here: Sawstop and Router Cabinet / Infeed Table / Outfeed Table Project As opposed to Tedth66’s cabinet for which he built a retractable, self-supporting outfeed table, I built one with a support le...
A while ago I ask you to come up with new ideas for me to use my talent. One of you said to try nature, tree’s animals, then someone said Turkeys, OK I spent two days looking for the right picture. Then three days to come the stage I am now, I will try and go through each stage. and show how I come up t it. Stage one, looking for the right picture; Stage two was putting the pattern onto wood; and the third stage is doing the burning itself. I found a process which is, o...
What started as a leaking kitchen faucet has turned in to a kitchen remodel. However, I convinced my wife that before tearing up the kitchen, we should build a buffet in the dining room. If all goes well, then we will tackle the kitchen next year. We have been living in this house since July 1987. It has been paid for for several years and all of our kids are grown so it is just me and the missus. The cabinets are vintage 1983 oak but their time has come and gone. I don’t like the...
Howdy, Not much time for woodshop lately but I have been able to put a little time in here and there. Today was about 4 hours. Here is where I’m at. I did some hand planning to get it in earshot range. I used a stiff metal yardstick like a scree to reveal high spots. Len – listen up please. I grabbed a card scraper and took down some of the ridges left by the planning. I know I need to keep working on the scraper edge. I ended up using the ROS after my hands got tired...
Here’s one of a gentleman that wanted one of his youth to give to his Mother. He has a lot of feeling for her.
I should start showing the beginning picture of my burnings so you can see what I work off of. OK I made a mistake, I did not take a picture before I started this burning so I hope you will be able to see the before and after. Here is a couple that has asked me to burn this as a special momenta. Trying to get the right picture done as a pattern isn’t that easy and sometimes it turns out the first few times. this one took about six time of reprinting. I do go through a lot of in...
Hey everybody, I started a forum topic to get some ideas for Christmas gifts this year. I decided to try my hand at making some 3D Tumbling Block Cutting Boards like this one by lanwater. I found a blog by degoose with a very good write up on the process. I have never blogged about anything before so I thought this would be a good project to start with. So I hope you guys will enjoy this. Thanks, Jayson
Ok Here goes. I have put this off for about two weeks. It has taken me about 9 hours to get it to this point. People thinks that the woodburning they done in high schools is same as what I do. After selecting the picture there is hours pending trying to get the picture just right to transfer everything over to the piece of wood. after you put it on the wood I spend a lot of time going over and over to get the right depth. so with out further ado I give you the DAGON FLY. (OK I AM GOING...
After my night shift spent a few hours starting the build (after some time hunting the bits and pieces, and finishing a chair). Ok so alignment is essential on this thing, so I decided to use dadoes on the case work. I will finish glue and screws (and some glue blocks) This will help me assure that the walls of the case are parallel. I made the cuts and rough fit the bits. I will play with wiring cut outs later. but for now I am to tired for power tools.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1186 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1208 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 387 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 300 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 293 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- mafe - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- scottb - 144 entries