This first picture shows the board just as I got it from Woodcrafters Here it’s been sectioned into the proper lengths to make two humidors of the same size Here it’s been further sectioned to the proper height for two humidors The grain has been carefully matched on all sides Here the box has been taken back apart and 3 coats of marine spar varnish have been applied to protect the inner box from humidity Some final shots of t...
Hello all, We posted a new video to YouTube. We made a video slide show of some of the work we have done since starting in woodworking in 2002. Check out the video and watch our progression in our woodworking adventure. The mid century modern hall table we are working on is almost done. Part 2 to that video should be out in the next week or so. Thanks for watching and if you haven’t already don”t forget to subscribe to our channel. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtu...
My morning was taken up entirely by straightening out a snafu with my medical insurance co. and the doctor’s office. What a pain. Sometimes I wonder why I have health insurance. Anyway. . . When I did make it out to the shop, I had this cutoff piece of walnut left over from the leg vise chop that was perfect for the deadman. I’m not really done with it at this point, all I did was rip it and cut to length, cut a rabbet at the top and the V groove at the bottom. It fits right...
The finished project: The finish on this project is shop made country/shabby chic using chalk paint made from cheap flat ceiling paint tinted with even cheaper poster paints, mixed with not-so-cheap calcium carbonate, and shop made finishing past wax made from a chunk of bees wax and boiled linseed oil. One coat of Ivory chalk paint, 2 coats of Cyan chalk paint (first coat epic fail due to miscalculation of amount required), and 2 coats of finishing wax after sanding and distressing. ...
Just some photos of the main build:
I didn’t write the final post last week as I was pretty busy with my 20th wedding anniversary. Last weekend I had planned on flattening the tops on my last day off but only got half of it done. I had decided to use the router to flatten it, using a sled and rails. I saw the technique on the Wood Whisperer video and thought it was a good idea. So I went to the big box and got two 2×6 kiln dried 8’ long boards for the rails. The first thing it to make the edges straight and ...
Well, last seen, that Island Project needed a door installed. Boss brought home a pair of oversized hinges of brass plated slendour. Then we went back out and found a magnetic catch to hold the thing closed. First off, the installed door.. Plywood had bowed a bit, in the wrong directions. Block plane to shave a few spots. Tried the catch at the top near the knob….didn’t catch. Ok, we’ll try at the bottom. Got the magnet part on. and the plate on…..F sty...
Every time I go to make drawers, a war breaks out. Mainly fighting a router, a guide bushing that doesn’t want to go together, a too short dovetail bit, and trying to make a jig WORK the way it was supposed to. Had the router apart, figured I could assemblr the guide a little easier…..NOT! Kept wanting to crossthread.. FINALLY got it in place. Router bit is as far out as it is safe to use. Cranked the bit down to almost where it was needed to be. Try drive was VERY n...
After a long morning drinking my coffee and thinking about alternatives to keep working, I drove to the lumber yard and got a piece of baltic birch to make the flattening sled out of. When I came back I took my bent saw blade out and put a crescent wrench on the bent tooth. I moved it about three times and I think it may be useable. I soaked it in simple green to get the pitch off and I’ll try it tomorrow. I’m expecting that it’ll be a little rough but that’s ok. IR...
So, my task today was to cut up a piece of maple I bought the other day to make the gap stop and get it glued up in the clamps and then go over to family for Easter dinner. I set up the band saw and set about resawing the board into two halves. It went fine for the first 3/4 of the board then it was binding the blade and was not tracking straight, and not wanting to cut. I made a couple of adjustments, everything else looked fine in the setup. It just wouldn’t cut and was binding hor...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1565 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1590 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 276 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 191 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries