Since I began woodworking almost five years ago and slowly building my shop, one of the things that has proven difficult for me to prioritize was buying clamps. We all know the old saying “You can’t have enough clamps”. And while this is true, the projects that I have mostly done didn’t require very many clamps. And the larger projects I did, I just made do with what I had. This bench project has spurred me to start buying parallel clamps, but at $40 + a pop and with s...
I missed out on the book end party a couple weeks ago. I have had this project on my list for a while now so in light of the recent book end day I made these. Incorporates and unusual item and some dovetail joinery. Thanks for watching! Video link:http://youtu.be/3tDugk9aq0E Thank You Chris
Welcome back everyone! It is now time to begin the exciting part of the project. In the first post of this series, I showed my plan for this project, which contains a total of 82 half-lap joints. I don’t have a dado stack at this time (and I am not so sure I would want to put one on my current saw), and my router table is too small to realistically cut the half-laps on the larger pieces. So what I have decided to do is to ‘gang’ several like pieces together and cut the half-...
I’ve been busy making the parts fit sanding and then staining with Red Mahagony….Lyptus turned out darker than I imagined but it is cool.. The bread boards were also Lyptus but a darker hue.. so the contrast was fine.The Box joints were cut using an Incra jig as did David M… and I cut another set with traditional hand saw as my instructor wanted.. I can’t tell the difference. Splines on the breadBoards were tricky as the dado blade does not account for warpage and mi...
You spoke and I listened. We made corner blocks for the legs so that they should be plenty strong enough. Here’s a picture with the corner blocks installed into the bottom and top horizontals. These were the most difficult and dangerous thing we’ve ever made in the workshop. They took dangerous cuts on the miter saw and table saw. We will never do them again and will make a jig next time to be safer. Here’s what the side verticals looks like next to the horizon...
Small workbench based on shipbuilt's Short Block V8 (Workbench Challange) #1: Concept and leg assembly
ConceptI have been needing a proper workbench for a while. The top of my table saw and fold up extension have been the only spot to use. I would love to have a large proper workbench but my shop is just too small for a full size bench. I have been looking at benches in Lumberjocks and marking some for reference. shipwright had come up with some excellent ideas. His concept for the Short Block V8 is a low cost way for a beginner to get a strong, stable small workbench using tools that many b...
It is a time ago I started making the wheels for my T and J wheelloader. A long time I didn,t have time to work on it. But last week I restarted. First I drilled a hole in the wheel with a 50 mm (2”) bore and than turned the wheels as you can see on below picture: Now I could turn the wheel 180 degrees and do the other side: Turning work was done and now I had to do some testings for the groves. I made four wheels from oak and one from beech for the testing work. First I ma...
I decided to make a cooler box for my deck and I designed the whole project using examples from the web below are some of the design aspects that I designed on Sketchup.. Also is a shopping list for all materials and tools that I will be using in its construction: If you decide to make this cooler please take your own cooler measurements… As you know they are all very different, my cooler is a 48 quart cooler.. The cooler roughly cost me $100 for materials but I had to buy the K4 ...
Started to build the RoseBud inlay that will go on the lid of the Bubinga and Purple Heart jewelry box. For this inlay I am using maple, yellow heart, rosewood, and kauri. Tomorrow I am going to do some sand shading to give the inlay a 3D effect. Should be pretty cool… P.S. The only down side to sand shading is the wood can sometimes stink and yellow heart is one of the worst!!! It is almost as bad as zebra wood… not quite but almost!!! Now that I’m finished with...
Well Folks, I did what I could today. It was a long day of work and hospital visits so shop time was certainly limited to a few hours late into the night. I left a bit of a glue mess on my back assembly last night so I paid the price for it today.Now, that picture was just to show the assembly without clamps, but this one should be better…and some more….I had a few pictures of my lady checking my sanding job but they all were too blurry. She walked around it and made sure I d...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1616 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1641 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 223 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- robscastle - 183 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries