OK. I caved in and bought an Incra Insert for the router table after they posted it back in stock. It’s the 3/8” phenolic plate that is their ‘old’ design. the opening for the router is 3 3/8” as opposed to the new Aluminum plate which are 3 5/8”. also it’s not as mechanical capable as the aluminum plates, but for $35 it’s within my budget. and still a very good plate. what I really like about the Incras is their MagnaLock plate inserts which sn...
I had some good progress on the top today. it actually started a couple of days ago when I went ahead, cleaned up the buffer strip, and main top, and glued them up together, I also milled the end cap part (which is on top of the clamps in the photo): I also ground down one of the corner of the Lee-Valley Tailvise Nut so that I’ll be able to install the vise higher up and the nut will have less interference with the table top: I’m not a machinist, nor work with metal much (al...
Ok, I am new here and I’ll take risk. Thought I would share an innovation that amuses me and works well enough. I have looked at router lifts for my Craiglist router table. Ouch, the cost. Especially, when other equipment is high on the lust list. Then, a choir hit a high note and this wacky router lift inspiration – a labratory scissor jack. Yup. They are compact, 6’’ x 6” top and bottom plates, 10” maximum lift height. Cost? Less than $30 a...
This project is really coming together. That biscuit jointer really makes quick and easy work of cabinet assembly. I have never really gotten a chance to use it before. I ordered an Incra Magni-Lock router plate through Woodcraft. It seems to be on the slow boat. But hopefully it will come at about the time I need it. Anyway, more chronicles of the progress I made on my day off yesterday: Here is the cabinet fascia with half lap joinery, 3/4” x 2” Beechwood (the most inex...
After looking through some other blogs here on LJ and watching some Youtube videos I thought that the tumbling block cutting board was something that looked challenging, cool and something I wanted to try. I learned some good ideas from these other blogs and wanted to share some of my experiences having now made three of these, my setbacks and discoveries to better produce these tumbling block patterns. I purchased a Wixey digital angle gauge as it looked like you really needed to be accu...
We’re going to use a Dremel router to make a sign with recessed lettering. I suggest barnwood because of the contrast between the weathered surface texture and ‘fresh cut’ letters. I also have enhanced the letters by burning (pyrography) the edges of the letters for increased readability. Of course you can scale up to larger routers if you chose. Stock: Barnwood 2”x10”x24” Suggested material and dimensions Safety: Goggles, F...
The build of the virtual pinball machine is coming right around. The lower part of the machine is mostly done with the exception of some button and ventilation holes will need to be added. Here are some pictures of the assembly… The hardest part of this cabinet for me was the miter cuts where the sides meet the front. I did it this way for aesthetic purposes since the cabinet would have no trim I don’t want to see the plywood edges. Here is a picture of the final...
Degoose showed us how to make the jig that uses a bandsaw to make the spiral sections of his “Lazy Larry”. Well I made the jig, but my old small bandsaw just wasn’t up to the task. I wasn’t about to quit, so I decided to try to make a jig that I could use with my router. It took me awhile to figure it out (using Sketchup), but once I did, it was rather easy to make the jig. Here is how to make the jig. Picture 1. 1. Cut a 3/4” thick piece of MDF ...
Time to make the lid. Easy enough, I made it overlap about a half inch on each side (mostly dictated based on the size of the project panels that I used) and 1.5” on the front for the lifting of the lid. I should comment here on the project panels issue. I bought the standard project pine panels for this project at Home Depot and I felt a bit guilty about it. I told my fiancee when I bought them that I felt like I was “cheating” and that buying the pre assembled pane...
Well I haven’t had a chance to post a project video for sometime because things got busy around the shop. Now with things leveling out, I had a chance to shoot a video showing how to build a simple Folding Stool. This folding stool stands 24” tall with a round top. It is completely collapsible so you can store it easily or take it on the go.. I hope you Guys enjoy this 2 part project build Be sure to check out my website by clicking here A Simple Design of Ocala
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1807 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 127 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 111 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1832 entries
- dbhost - 438 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 319 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries