I was able to get to the garage today as a request for a new shelf for the kitchen was in. While there I saw some cutoff pieces of mahogany that I had piled up from the past 2 projects, and saw 4 legs hidden in those waiting to come out to life. I had wanted to put legs on this box from the get go but wasn’t set on a design that I liked and was mentally blocked with it. I decided to make 3 1.5” x 1.5” x 1” legs and just chamfer the bottoms – just to have so...
Several people have asked a few questions so I thought I’s tell a little about this piece.This was a spec piece that I wanted to take to a show.The cherry came from a board I selected from a pile of 1,000 bd ft of curly cherry and was obviously one of the wowie,zowie boards.It’s obviously a version of a very old design tha’s been around for years.Truthfully I don’t do that anymore as I only use my own designs and have gotten into a different type of thing,yet similiar....
Choice of wood? Well, for me that is easy. In the area of Mid-Missouri where I live there is not a big choice of wood suppliers. The only one close just sells the species that are mostly local. And money is a big factor for me. With the cost of diesel fuel it is prohibitive to drive the 150 miles to St Louis or Kansas City where there is a better market. So at the local supplier I found a large supply of Ash at $1.20 a bf. Decision made.Today I milled the 4/4 Ash to the prescribed thic...
In this video, I build a boot jack to help with getting those mud boots off! http://youtu.be/onEJrdQw1o4
Hey Everybody, In this episode of the Teen Age Woodworker I make a pretty cool Arts-and-Crafts style picture frame out of Oak for my cousin. Some things that i go over in this episode are half blind dovetails and making a simple triangle peg. here’s what the finished product is. ! Well I hope that Everyone likes it! ( and just in case anyone notices the front says Teenage Wooworker, I know i just forgot to change it, Enjoy the show) Well I hope that everyone liked it...
Well it finally wamed up enough around here to do some glue ups. I got my feet made and glued up, and attached them to the base. Then I routed the edge of the base, and made the transition moulding and glued that. Now a mother cold front has come through, and it looks like it might freeze tonight!! Good thing I got busy in the shop yesterday. I also went to Clark’s for some secondary lumber. It must have been my lucky day Saturday!! When I arrived at Clark’s, first thing ...
Well it has finally arrived. I do apologize for the delay on this last video in the Oak Cabinet build. Due to mother nature not cooperating with me, videoing was delayed. Hard rain and a metal shop roof make for very bad audio. I hope you enjoy this last segmant. If you are interested in Plans for this project be sure to visit the New Online Store where the downloadable plans are available.
Last session, I built the compound legs using a lock miter. This session, I completed the legs and feet: Started with stock marked for the feet and the apron sides. This session, I created the feet to attach to the leg. This is done by routing a profile on three sides of a workpiece, cutting a miter and joining two work pieces at 90 deg. This is the end result. First I chuck up a cove/fillet profile bit: Then route the edges of the workpiece. Route the edge gra...
http://www.adamswoodcreation.comAdams wood creation has gone public. If you were wondering i haven’t been on Lumberjocks for a long time now because i have been working on my website. As we all know woodworking is brilliant but its not cheap so ive made the site to get a business going for me and simply to pay for wood to make more projects all the projects i make wil be the highest of quality and will ship to you as soon as possible. Obviously i know because were all woodworkers probab...
I totally screwed up the fret board, so we had to make a new one. This time we figured out how to do the diamond shaped inlays that Daniel wanted. Since the last time, we un-clamped the body from the glue-up, flipped it over, routed the back of the through-neck flat, and then cut out the body There’s the guitar cut-out with the truss rod set in place. The new fret board was cut with the Festool MFS jig and a 1/8” bit, after which we took the corners out of the diamond...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1264 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 75 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1286 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 370 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 257 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Rustic - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 161 entries
- stefang - 148 entries