Progress as of 4/3/2011 I got a Woodhaven 4555 Box Joint Jig a 2 days ago. I got it set up yesterday to where it makes good 3/8” fingers on a box joint. Today I got to work on the prototype of the tote box – the separate box on the lower left of the original drawing. First I created a copy of the SketchUp for just the tote box and printed it out. Note that my drawing does NOT incude the finger joints. In the original drawing the length is 20-1/2”. I decided to keep...
So I started getting into woodworking and bought a hand plane. So as soon as I got home I wanted to use it, so I put a peice of wood in my vise and started planeing. Five minutes later, my bench was four feet farther forward than it originally started. So I moved it back and kept going. Well I have done that for the past year and a half, and have decided enough is enough. So while I was in school I designed a Work Bench. Here are the specs on the bench:1. The bench is four feet deep, six feet...
This is my first video. I just wanted to show Steve the opening in the bottom of the doors on to the router to help collect dust. I do have ear protection but, my camera man whom is my fiance’s son was wearing them, otherwise I would have had them on. I haven’t got this posting video’s down yet, so I don’t know how to post it so that it shows up to watch on lumberjocks instead of just the link. Please feel free to comment. I always welcome constructive criticism. So ...
Here you can see two of my woodworking projects in my wife’s classroom. I built the Lectern and the In-Box out of birch plywood with no edge banding. She teaches 7th graders and it was decided to just use the ply, give it a small amount of style in the form of a routed edge profile where applicable, apply a durable finish and leave it at that. Seventh graders are not known for the care they lavish upon school furnishings. If the plywood gets scratched or dented I’m not going to feel bad about...
So I’ve been planning on building a decent mahogany tv stand for about a year now. I drew up numerous plans and picked out tons of wood from my old stockpile. I had the dimensions down so that it would fit my (much too large and heavy) old school tvas well as 3 peripherals right at the top. Also lots of storage below for whatever. Work became unbelievably busy last year, as well as my wife getting pregnant and my twinswere born 7 months ago. Wow. So needless to say I didn̵...
Whew, my workweek is finally over and now I can have some fun. I’ve been thinking all week about today, particularly what I still need to get to push this project along. I needed a jig to cut the mortises, and I was looking at pattern bits and I came away with an education. Top bearing straight cut pattern bits are expensive. I didn’t want to spend that much so I went to woodcraft last week when I bought my last pieces of wood for the leg and rail, and picked up a guide bushing fr...
Router table project completed! I spent a good deal of time yesterday evening adding and setting up my router table. Here’s what I added: — Bench Dog Router Table Extension, 40-102 ($299, see reviews here and here)— Rockler Router Lift FX ($199) Here’s where I put it: — Delta Contractor’s saw (1990) Here’s what I did: 1. Using a scotch brite pads, steel wool, very fine grit sandpaper and a Boeshield kit , I treated and cleaned up the surface of the...
I decided to go back and redo the exterior walls. I wanted to learn how to use my router anyways so I thought I should start here. I am not sure whats its call but I make grooves for the shelving units to fit into as well as the front face of the case. I was originally just going to have it set in place and clasp onto the front but thought it would look nice if it had a channel to rest into. The router works great and I think i got the hang of it. So far everything is coming out much nicer th...
This pile of lumber may not look like much but it will magically turn in to two of my Fishy Coffee Tables and a Toy Box. :-) Turns out I need another 10 feet of white pine, so off to the store I go tomorrow. It makes it easy that a lot of the work for all three projects can be done ahead of time in a batch. Things like ripping the edges off the 2×4’s and ripping the 1×12 white pine into three pieces each. All of that was after I cut them into rough lengths so it would be ea...
I finished all of my cutting yesterday. That was a big plus. Cutting out nine plaques of this type in under two days was an accomplishment that I was satisfied with. I had initially hoped that I would have these all oiled and finished by today, but as usual, things came up and I need to sand and oil them today. I should have better pictures tomorrow. I am pleased with these designs. While they are not really difficult, some of the motifs do present a little bit of a challenge. I think...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1634 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1659 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 228 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- robscastle - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries