Well it has been a long time since I added an entry to my blog so I thought that I would continue updating my progress on the two shaker end tables I am building. Now that I have a biscuit joiner and a dovetail jig I was able to make the drawers and have been doin pretty good. I have changed the design so I can cover up the end grain as best I could and decided to put on a walnut bread-board edge.The drawer sides and back have to put the pins in the front still and mill the grove for the bott...
Not sure that these are the fairest of them all but they did come out ok. Used left over face frame material to make the mirror frames. Started out by routing a two tiered rabbet – the inner rabbit for the 1/8” mirror (next time I will leave the mirror slightly proud so backer applies some pressure) and the outer rabbet for the 1/8” masonite backer board. Most of you probably know this, but this project really drove home the importance of feather boards in both direct...
I guess it all started back in the day when my now late father taught me, by letting me do things by myself at a young age, to always dig deep to find a solution for any task at hand no matter how hard it seemed, this got stuck really well on me I think, and sometimes to the point of obsession I’m afraid hehee. To be honest, it has been a source of some troubles, but mostly it is a source of great joy as it has lead me to a path for searching new things to learn and new things to cre...
Added a bit shelf and a drawer to the table, both out of Maple. The shelf is 1” thick laminated from narrow strips basically cutting board style with breadboard ends. I used a little spray adhesive and some graph paper as a drilling guide – despite that I did manage to drill 2 holes off location…...... The template holder just sits on the bottom and you can slide it out a bit to grab what you need. The drawer box is painted MDF ...
For Christmas my wife gave me a new router. I thought that I would be returning it, when I first looked at the box. When I was at WoodCraft last month to pick up my new bandsaw, the salesman wanted me to look at it, but I wasn’t really interested. After looking at it though,,,,,,,,, I decided I could find a home for it. I decided it would become a dedicated router table router, because I can lift it from above the table. I ordered a router lift from WP, but it looks like it is going...
I’ve really been wanting a JDS Multi-Router since I used one while taking a class with David Marks (at William Ng’s school in Anaheim). We used the JDS to make loose M&T joints for our coffee table project and it works REALLY nicely. However, the price tag for a home shop is WAY outside my spending limits (starts at $2,600). So, I’ve made the decision to try and build my own version. I’ve looked all over the web and found a few examples of other brave adventure...
This is a bike I’m making for my daughter, it still lacks the finishing touches, like final paint coat, and the lacquer. The seat and the wheels we bought, everything else is water resistant plywood, screws and birch wood. The body of the bike can be flipped up side down to achieve greater seat height. Following more pictures…
Well it finally wamed up enough around here to do some glue ups. I got my feet made and glued up, and attached them to the base. Then I routed the edge of the base, and made the transition moulding and glued that. Now a mother cold front has come through, and it looks like it might freeze tonight!! Good thing I got busy in the shop yesterday. I also went to Clark’s for some secondary lumber. It must have been my lucky day Saturday!! When I arrived at Clark’s, first thing ...
I’ve made a few things with barn board, and wanted to try something different so I designed a small cupboard. I thought the cupboard would work out best if it was the width of the boards, which is 5 1/2” and with large box joints on the top. So the two sides and the top are box-jointed (also called finger-jointed) on the table saw. They will look great for this rustic style, especially when large and chunky. The length of each side will be 23” and since my pieces h...
Nearly finished Home Theater room, sort of.Oak, with bookmatched panels from 8/4 boards. baseboard and top rail are removeable throughout so wiring adjustments can be made.8 years getting the electronics with 2+ years of woodworking with limited time. Probably 1,000 hours.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries