Ok here we go. If you look back to the Beginning most of the walls were up but still lots to be done. This first shot is ater the exterior was completed, my litle truck and my other pal, Ivy. Overall size 24’ x 36’ with a full second floor. Two oversized doors 8’6” x 10’ for deliveries etc. and lots of natural light with oversized windows. My wife and I unload the trucks and push the wood up to the second floor. The next shots are of the second f...
The router is in part oneThis is what I am making my NEW router table top fromThe Old one I bought has been warping more and more over yearsThis is a manufactured bench top surface I got on eBay for 50 bucks21”X 48” , Inch and half thickPVC laminate , Polyurethane (PU) over MDF,, very durable pvc coatingPVC TEXTURED LAMINATE THERMOFUSED 1.5” THICK VACUUMED FORMED ON STRONG MDF. I think this will be a very stable router table topI don’t have a Pic of fence as modified, but below is P...
I was checking out some picture frames that spunwood has on the site and ask to see some profiles. My request was granted so now it’s my turn. I went out to the shop and took these pictures. Hope that this helps those of us that don’t have molding cutters see another way to do it. This one is weathered cedar and a piece of redwood cut with a cove bit on the routertable and a piece of longleaf pine with a rabbet cut making the inside of the frame. Here I used ipe with sedona ...
Tonight I was finally able to use the 1” flush trim bit I got at Lowes the other day and trim back the edge of the shelf top to the template. With the template removed: Finally, after getting the edges sanded and the rounded profile made more round (with my new Rikon 1” belt/5” disk sander), the top/edges/ends sanded with 400 grit, and a quick wet down (to raise grain and get some of the dust out of the walnut grain): Next up is making final cuts to the back...
I made some progress on the actual caddy portion, including it’s base box, on 4/9/2011 (and on Sunday, 4/10/2011 I rested lol – my back and feet are needing some aspirin!). This portion wasn’t terribly difficult. For the actuall caddy portion I used a bit more of the 7” wide pine I had. I cut a couple of lenghts to the 15” width I needed. I used spray adhesive to stick them together, being mindful of orienting the cupping the same way. I have NOT milled...
I worked on the drawers and drawer case on 4/9/2011. The drawer case has to be the same width as the rest of the main frame boxes, which is 15”, and the same length. I’d originally planned to do 24” but after getting the drawer slide hardware I decided to add a bit of a gap between the backs of the drawers so added another 1/4”. The frame boxes will all be 24-1/4”. I chose some full extension 12” drawer slides (Shop Fox D3028, 100 lb. capacity side mo...
I was able to spend a good amount of time working on this project on 4/9/2011. I’d even got off work early the afternoon before and hoped to make some progress but ended up breaking a router bit so had to change my plans. I’ve never broken a router bit before and it was strange. I probably lucked out. I was trying out a cut, just to get the measurements. I was cutting in pine with a 1/2” shank 1/4” straight cut, 2 flute, MLCS Carbide tipped bit. I don’t know w...
This is the first real HD video I have put out. This video is a much higher quality than any other video I have put out. In this episode I build maple pencil holders. I started out with making the bases which have a round over profile on each side. Then I used my tablesaw to re saw a piece of 3/4 maple to use for the box that sits on the base.
Not enough guys make wooden utensils for families to buy. I took my wooden coffee coaster sets to the senior center to sell on commission in their store. They requested for me to make wooden utensils for people to buy for their kitchens and they believe the wooden utensils would be a fast seller in their store so I am designing a set for them to sell in their store. I won’t charge a arm and a leg for them as I want my set to be affordable to families. My thoughts are if you put a littl...
Progress as of 4/3/2011 I got a Woodhaven 4555 Box Joint Jig a 2 days ago. I got it set up yesterday to where it makes good 3/8” fingers on a box joint. Today I got to work on the prototype of the tote box – the separate box on the lower left of the original drawing. First I created a copy of the SketchUp for just the tote box and printed it out. Note that my drawing does NOT incude the finger joints. In the original drawing the length is 20-1/2”. I decided to keep...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1766 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Toy costruction - 93 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1791 entries
- dbhost - 430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 226 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Dave Rutan - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 198 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries