I made a video awhile back on improvements I feel I have made to the Deluxe Router Table featured on the New Yankee Workshop with Norm Abram. In the video I do not have a router fence on the table, for good reason…..I am still designing one that will do everything I like. I attach a temporary one when needed. There are several changes I think that needed to be made to be more practical in both design and cost. Example of topics covered: Enclosed router compartment- not necessary and ...
I was able to get to the garage today as a request for a new shelf for the kitchen was in. While there I saw some cutoff pieces of mahogany that I had piled up from the past 2 projects, and saw 4 legs hidden in those waiting to come out to life. I had wanted to put legs on this box from the get go but wasn’t set on a design that I liked and was mentally blocked with it. I decided to make 3 1.5” x 1.5” x 1” legs and just chamfer the bottoms – just to have so...
Well it has been a long time since I added an entry to my blog so I thought that I would continue updating my progress on the two shaker end tables I am building. Now that I have a biscuit joiner and a dovetail jig I was able to make the drawers and have been doin pretty good. I have changed the design so I can cover up the end grain as best I could and decided to put on a walnut bread-board edge.The drawer sides and back have to put the pins in the front still and mill the grove for the bott...
Not sure that these are the fairest of them all but they did come out ok. Used left over face frame material to make the mirror frames. Started out by routing a two tiered rabbet – the inner rabbit for the 1/8” mirror (next time I will leave the mirror slightly proud so backer applies some pressure) and the outer rabbet for the 1/8” masonite backer board. Most of you probably know this, but this project really drove home the importance of feather boards in both direct...
I guess it all started back in the day when my now late father taught me, by letting me do things by myself at a young age, to always dig deep to find a solution for any task at hand no matter how hard it seemed, this got stuck really well on me I think, and sometimes to the point of obsession I’m afraid hehee. To be honest, it has been a source of some troubles, but mostly it is a source of great joy as it has lead me to a path for searching new things to learn and new things to cre...
Added a bit shelf and a drawer to the table, both out of Maple. The shelf is 1” thick laminated from narrow strips basically cutting board style with breadboard ends. I used a little spray adhesive and some graph paper as a drilling guide – despite that I did manage to drill 2 holes off location…...... The template holder just sits on the bottom and you can slide it out a bit to grab what you need. The drawer box is painted MDF ...
For Christmas my wife gave me a new router. I thought that I would be returning it, when I first looked at the box. When I was at WoodCraft last month to pick up my new bandsaw, the salesman wanted me to look at it, but I wasn’t really interested. After looking at it though,,,,,,,,, I decided I could find a home for it. I decided it would become a dedicated router table router, because I can lift it from above the table. I ordered a router lift from WP, but it looks like it is going...
I’ve really been wanting a JDS Multi-Router since I used one while taking a class with David Marks (at William Ng’s school in Anaheim). We used the JDS to make loose M&T joints for our coffee table project and it works REALLY nicely. However, the price tag for a home shop is WAY outside my spending limits (starts at $2,600). So, I’ve made the decision to try and build my own version. I’ve looked all over the web and found a few examples of other brave adventure...
This is a bike I’m making for my daughter, it still lacks the finishing touches, like final paint coat, and the lacquer. The seat and the wheels we bought, everything else is water resistant plywood, screws and birch wood. The body of the bike can be flipped up side down to achieve greater seat height. Following more pictures…
Well it finally wamed up enough around here to do some glue ups. I got my feet made and glued up, and attached them to the base. Then I routed the edge of the base, and made the transition moulding and glued that. Now a mother cold front has come through, and it looks like it might freeze tonight!! Good thing I got busy in the shop yesterday. I also went to Clark’s for some secondary lumber. It must have been my lucky day Saturday!! When I arrived at Clark’s, first thing ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1661 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1686 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 226 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 209 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 201 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries