Ok so the stool is done, I have a home repair at the top of the Honeydo, but a new request from Wifey. A rolling paper organizer for her scrapbooking paper. Sounds easy enough, have most of the stuff on hand too. Gonna use 1/2 plywood for the sides, top and bottom. Have some 1/4 plywood for the back on hand, along with some nice 1/4 hardboard for the shelves. The top and bottom will be dadoed to the sides and extend past the sides and back so I can add a trim lip to hide the ply’s...
The divided bowl won hands down… so now to inlay or recess the bowl into the tray so that is does not move around.. Using the Torque WorkCentre, I set the limit stops on the x and y axies, and routered a square hollow shape in some MDF..bit hard to see here… but trust me… This is the shape that will be routered onto the Sushi board.. The template is then turned over and setting the router above a pin in the table, the outer shape is etched on the board..See the stai...
Recently, I broke down and bought the Bosch enclosed router table, the excellent Incra v120 miter gauge and the Incra Miter Express. In addition to improving my general accuracy on the router table and table saw, my goal will be to craft my own custom spaced and sized box joints and dovetail joints. So far, I can say that all three have done more than I had been able to do with my prior gear. Prior to the Bosch table, I built a small router table insert for my tablesaw (a Delta TS350) th...
The main body of the alligator is a box. My problem has been that I don’t have a planer or joiner so making a box with tight joints is rather difficult. I sanded them out a little bit, but ended up having to make the joints a bit rough and then puttying them. Puttying has become a big theme on this project. I had originally wanted to make this project super perfect with tight joints and whatnot. My problem is that with my impending move, I am having to rush through things. It kind of...
A long time ago, I said I would post a blog entry showing how I plane really big pieces using my router planer. Well, here goes. I started out with some really big cottonwood rounds (that’s my son in the first photo): I cut them into 5” to 6” thick slabs and had to figure out a way to plane them down to 3” to 4” thick to use as table tops for TV stands and coffee tables. That’s when I came up with the Big Boy Router Planer below: I just hap...
Awhile back, I began posting a series of blogs on the evolution of my router planer. Since that time I’ve actually made three more minor modifications that have had a huge impact on how well this thing works. The first modification: I was always frustrated with how long it took to measure the height at which to set the cross members of the planer using my square in a slotted 2×4. Well, I finally came up with a solution so simple even I was amazed (not the brightest bulb in the p...
For me, this is a fun part of the project because it’s when things really start to come together. I didn’t get any photos when I built the top but I basically glued together two sheets of MDF and added some laminate countertop from that big orange box store down the street. I trimmed it with red oak, chamfered the sharp edges, and stained it with a combination of TransTint Dye and General Finishes Candlelight. The only unusual part about the top was an idea I had for mounti...
see the whole story, with the music i wrote while building these projects! @ http://refinedhomerelics.blogspot.com
Despite nagging back pain all week, I was able to complete my router table. Vicodin and Methocarbamol are wonderful things. I digress. . . . I routed recesses in the corners to allow mounting bolts to go in, and this took a while because the top is 2 1/4” thick. I needed several passes to get the depth I needed. I also routed out a couple of places just to lighten the thing up a bit. Turns out I could have routed out much more material than I did. Oh well. I put 2×...
1. Used two metal parallel arms of the same length. This makes possible a wider range of size variations since the router tray can be moved along a longer distance in relation to the template. Furthermore, lifting the router is easier when moving the stylus to a new position.http://www.flickr.com/photos/edurink/5935802701/ The earlier version of this router pantograph is found here: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/50802 2. One problem noted in the original set up is the tendency for th...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1736 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1761 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 303 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 239 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 216 entries
- stefang - 215 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Dave Rutan - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries